cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping from usps to e-delcon countries

Hi,

Has anyone shipped things directly from the usps post office to any of the countries on there e-delcon list?

Were you able to track the item to the buyer or had any problems?

I don't want to use the ebay global shipping cost as its too much for buyers.

I just want to be able to ship to the countries on the usps e-delcon list without any problems.

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

First of all, you do NOT HAVE to use eBay’s global shipping system. I ship bunches of stuff internationally using eBay’s label printer, but I send it as standard First Class or Priority Mail (depending on the weight). And if you buy the postage at your local post office you will not get a discount as you can get by using eBay.

You do get tracking to most countries. And as an added bonus you can also access the recipient’s country’s post office web site tracking screen. Many times they have more information than the USPS. I have found that in many cases they scan the package but they do not always transmit that information to the USPS.

You mention using only the e-delcon countries. But I ship all over the world without restriction. I have no more incidence of packages lost to a non-delcon country than to a delcon country (Yes, delcon countries sometimes lose a package too). In fact, my incidence of lost international packages is no greater than the incidence of lost domestic USA packages. Even the USPS loses one sometimes.

Or, if you watch the news closely, sometimes the carrier just gets bored and dumps them in a dumpster.

So, in summary: If you are not happy with the global shipping system then use regular USPS mail. Purchase it on eBay to get the discount (and the tracking is automatically uploaded so you don’t have to do it manually) And don’t fret over delcon versus non-delcon countries.

To answer your last comment: using e-delcon countries only does NOT guarantee no problems.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I ship to Delcon countries with USPS, no problems, ignore the advise about shipping to non delcon countries, you will not have tracking outside of the US and will lose every INR Case, whilst it is possible to sometimes get tracking for non delcon countries from the countries own website they are not required to do so and with virtually every package they do not, Any non delcon country is Priority Mail only, protect yourself, if they want the item they will pay the postage.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Agreed, ignore the advice about shipping to non-Delcon countries if you want seller protection. If you want seller protection & you ship first class international, it needs to be an e-Delcon country otherwise tracking ends when the package leaves the US. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I ship internationally to some countries served by e-Delcon, however the only sales I've ever had have been to Canada, Australia, the UK and Spain.  I ship First Class International package, and all have tracked as delivered with no issues.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@2015mhfashions wrote:

I ship to Delcon countries with USPS, no problems, ignore the advise about shipping to non delcon countries, you will not have tracking outside of the US and will lose every INR Case, whilst it is possible to sometimes get tracking for non delcon countries from the countries own website they are not required to do so and with virtually every package they do not, Any non delcon country is Priority Mail only, protect yourself, if they want the item they will pay the postage.

Well, I have several responses.

First, you do not automatically lose an INR case to non-delcon countries. Even though they do not send the tracking information to the USPS I have accessed the recipient’s country’s postal web site and found:

1 - that the package is at their post office because it was too big for their mailbox and they should go pick it up.

2 - that the package is at their post office because of import taxers due. According to eBay’s policy if a buyer refuses to pay the taxes that eliminates the INR claim.

In those cases I have defeated the INR.

Secondly, yes in the absence of that you will lose an INR. But here’s the question. If you ship 100 packages and 1 or 2 go missing (that is my average) I have still made a profit on 98 packages which more than offsets the loss on the 2. The alternative is to never ship to a non-delcon country and give up the profit I made on the 98.

And even the delcon countries occasionally lose a package so you still have to face INR cases and a refund there as well.

And the US post office occasionally loses a package so again INR and a refund.

No matter what or where you ship you will always have INR claims.

If your intent is to avoid losing packages the only way that happens is to never ship anything. But then how would you make any money.

There is of course the specter of the fraudulent INR. May it is just because I do not sell very expensive electronics, etc, that I have not had an issue with a significant number of INR’s. Others will no doubt tell a different story.

That is what makes life a crapshoot.  Guarantees do not exist.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@wrathchild99 wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone shipped things directly from the usps post office to any of the countries on there e-delcon list?

Were you able to track the item to the buyer or had any problems?

I don't want to use the ebay global shipping cost as its too much for buyers.

I just want to be able to ship to the countries on the usps e-delcon list without any problems.

Thank you for your help.

I've been using 1st class international, e-delcon and not, for 10 years with few problems, and at least 25% of my sales are international.

I print all my labels thru the eBay transaction.

Most countries I ship to have delivery confirmation via 1st class, but I do exclude the obvious countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, etc.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think most sellers will agree non delcon countries 1st class is asking for trouble, all my International packages are $20+ for the shipping alone so there is no way i am shipping to a non delcon country 1st class, you may have been lucky but i guarantee you i have lost every INR case to a non delcon country previously, With Shipping $50- $100 a hit, so it's simply not happening, ( and i bet the package wasn't lost ) nothing ever gets returned for " lost packages "as for a non delcon country website showing any usable tracking to protect yourself, Nadda, Zero.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have shipped many things internationally to E-DELCON countries and have never once had any issues.  I just had a sale to Canada (Newfoundland) delivered earlier today, in fact.  So far I have shipped to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Latvia.  All First Class Packages, all delivered without any problems.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply