cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimbursed shipping charges

I sold an item that was buyer pay shipping.  I shipped via Pirate Ship and had to pay.  How do I get reimbursed by Ebay of the $10.00 shipping charge that the buyer payed?  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It should have been included in your payout. All funds that the buyer paid, minus eBay fees and any taxes paid, are sent to you.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You were already paid, by the buyer and ebay, for the item plus whatever shipping you charged for your item. Then, you take that money (item + shipping) and YOU pay for the shipping out of that. 

You are NEVER reimbursed by anyone for anything on any site. Ever. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@facelady 

Since you haven't sold for awhile, they'll probably treat you like a new seller and hold the funds until after tracking shows the item was delivered.

When they send the funds to your checking account, the shipping that the buyer paid will be included in your payment.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks so much taking time to answer my question.  I have been trying to research, but couldn't find a solution.  This sets my mind at ease.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The item was just shipped today, so there has been no payout yet.  I was just concerned and could find no answer.  It has been a long time since I have sold on Ebay and wasn't sure how this situation was handled.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.  Have a great weekend.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The BUYER pays YOU the shipping cost when he pays for his purchase.

YOU, in turn, use the money that the BUYER paid YOU to pay for the shipping.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Be absolute sure you upload the tracking number on the item. Since you did not use eBay it probably will not be uploaded automatically and you need to do that manually.

Radine

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

Be absolute sure you upload the tracking number on the item. Since you did not use eBay it probably will not be uploaded automatically and you need to do that manually.

Dunno what the buyer did, but eBay orders can be imported into PS and in turn the tracking numbers will be uploaded automatically to eBay.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just contacted support today asking the same thing.  She said yes, I DO get reimbursed for shipping if I paid for the label via credit card, paypal, ect.  They said I get reimbursed in the form of an increased payout .  This makes sense as I recently got a random deposit of $37.17 I'm guessing that was accumulated reimbursed shipping fees.   Keep in mind that on all my listings, the BUYER pays the shipping.  I asked support if  "net proceeds is what I keep AFTER all shipping charges, they said yes.  I asked them if this is the case, why am I still paying for the shipping label after the fact.  Then they said that if I pay for the label via paypal or credit card for example, they reimburse that cost back to me via increased payout.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply