cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail now Ground Advantage?

To be honest, I was not following any of this Ground Advantage change. I ship everything Priority Mail so I assumed this only affected people shipping First Class mail. Sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered already.

Well, this morning I purchased a Flat Rate Medium box shipping label and I got a message that said the Flat Rate Medium shipping was now Ground Advantage since July 9th and will be reflected in the shipping. 

My question is mainly about the shipping time. It is no longer two day shipping as with Priority Mail? Is there two day shipping? Is everything now going by Ground Advantage? The buyer in my case was located in Texas. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Priority Mail now Ground Advantage?

Sounds like you bought a Priority Mail label like you intended and just got confused by a banner they are showing everyone when they ship about the new Ground Advantage Shipping Program.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@slati_2013 wrote: ... this morning I purchased a Flat Rate Medium box shipping label and I got a message that said the Flat Rate Medium shipping was now Ground Advantage ...

That makes no sense at all.  The new Ground Advantage service merges First Class packages, Retail Ground, and Parcel Select Ground. Priority Mail should be completely unaffected.  Official shipping time for Ground Advantage is 2 - 5 days.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It replaced First class package, retail ground, and retail parcel select so what you are saying doesn't make any sense to me.....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@slati_2013 wrote:

Well, this morning I purchased a Flat Rate Medium box shipping label and I got a message that said the Flat Rate Medium shipping was now Ground Advantage since July 9th and will be reflected in the shipping. 

Agreed....this makes no sense....

You selected Flat Rate Priority Mail.....What service is printed on the label ?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

But that is exactly what happened. I purchased the label on eBay. I wish I had captured the screen because it threw me off. Lets see if others who purchase labels today on eBay get the same message. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hmmmm. Maybe a bug? Or I read wrong. It was printed by Priority Mail and the label is a Priority Mail label. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sounds like you bought a Priority Mail label like you intended and just got confused by a banner they are showing everyone when they ship about the new Ground Advantage Shipping Program.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

I think that was what happened. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply