cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not expect this from eBay / USPS

Got a message today from ebay:

There is an update on your shipping labels.  Some of your shipping labels have adjustments.

My first thought was "oh crap" - but clicked through to the details and found credits for four shipments. It was only $1.43 each, but still, that's not nothing.  It was four comic books, one per package, I sent them USPS First Class Package and I guess I got the weight wrong. I marked them as 15 oz but (as stated in the cost adjustment details) that was adjusted down to only 10 oz.  

Not sure if ebay or USPS initiated this. I'm honestly surprised not only that they sent me a credit, but that they actually weighed my packages and recorded a 5 ounce difference.  (That's a guess really, because I calc'd dimensional weight as 0.65 lbs and thought they would always use the heavier of the two.)

Anyway, it was a nice surprise.

discountkittycat

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It was initiated by the USPS. They have been doing this for quite some time. Actually the USPS is exceptionally fair on this. If you underpay they charge extra, if you overpay they give it back.

If you have not seen this in the past it simply means you have been doing it right all along. Congrats on that.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It was initiated by the USPS. They have been doing this for quite some time. Actually the USPS is exceptionally fair on this. If you underpay they charge extra, if you overpay they give it back.

If you have not seen this in the past it simply means you have been doing it right all along. Congrats on that.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Dimensional weight applies only for packages over 1 cubic foot (1728 cubic inches).

The APV system at sorting centers checks the weight of most packages.

https://link.usps.com/2017/10/05/what-is-apv/

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs....

Message 3 of 3
latest reply