cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please be aware that USPS is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience a

3/11/2022 5 am EST  

appreciate the info any idea how long the USPS label printing will be down?

THis is what I get on the label printing page:

"Please be aware that USPS is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience and if affected, ask that you try again later."

Just Plain Nic

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Please be aware that USPS is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenien

I just tried printing and it works regular even with this message

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Re: Please be aware that USPS is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenien

Same here! In Wisconsin. 10:15 am

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Still not working. Any updates?

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

same here, Oregon 3/11/22 9:18 a.m. PST

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@visionographer wrote:

Still not working. Any updates?

Just as a data point, I'm seeing the warnings on my Shipping form, but purchased and printed a First Class Package label in the past few minutes with no problems; it went through entirely normally.

It's interesting that the message ("We apologise for any inconvenience") uses the British English spelling of "apologise" in place of the US English version "apologize." Looks as if they're borrowing code from their UK site again.

I do wonder how they could go to all the trouble of programming those warning messages without anyone thinking that maybe a little more explanation was in order...? I looked at the Announcements page, the What's New page, and the Technical Issues page, none of which seem to show anything relevant to this mystery warning.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Working fine for me despite the odd warning.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

One of my orders I just had to click purchase twice because it "couldn't generate a label" the first time. I suspect that's the issue the warning is talking about.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

It would seem this is becoming more and more of a problem with USPS/eBay. Tracking data not being updated regularly or severely delayed. And now we see printing and packaging data being lost too.

A larger problem?

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@Anonymous  and @teamrocketraze 

I am also in NC and I have the same issue.

I can print labels but it has that message on the top.

_ 1:46 PM

Leave It To Me
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I got the same warning at 1PM eastern time, but had no issue generating and printing labels.

Just another eBay programming glitch, most likely...

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I printed deliverable for first class package with no problems dropped off the item at the post office and till now it’s almost midnight there is no update on the site is anyone having the same issue?

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I don't know if it is related, but at the USPS website there is a banner at the top of the page: 

ALERT: PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS ON SOME APPLICATIONS WILL BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE FROM 11 PM ET, SATURDAY, MARCH 12 THROUGH 3 AM ET, SUNDAY, MARCH 13, 2022. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I was able to print the label but it didn't perform the correct way.  Not sure if it is still a problem.  After going to my other sites it is not a USPS issue but an Ebay issue the other sites work fine with no error.  Don't know why Ebay is showing it as a USPS error. 

Just Plain Nic

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I had the same problem yesterday when trying to print labels.  However, it worked intermittently - so I was able to print all of the labels I needed.  The problem it wasted a lot of my time trying over and over until it worked.  I imagine today will be the same......lots of wasted time.  

and......of course Ebay deflects blame on USPS, fedex, ups as usual - when it's obviously another Ebay glitch.

I wish Ebay would spend more time working on their numerous glitches instead of spending time working on silly upgrades like being able to upload videos with listings.

Ebay - fix your known issues before working on the new, shiny stuff that no one really wants or cares about.

Shipping is kinda important, don't you think??

Message 29 of 29
latest reply