cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packages going east instead of west?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is two packages I have shipped that were supposed to go to California and Idaho and went to New York and New Jersey first.  This is not my fault as the seller but I may get dinged anyway.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Packages going east instead of west?

@Anonymous   If you got the acceptance scan at the post office and shipped within your handling time there is no Late shipping ding on your account.  You can verify this on your Seller Dashboard. 

Were the packages going Parcel Select or Priority Mail?  The former is all ground service and the latter is by air but has to get to an airport first ...

Were the packages big?  Just curious ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You won't get 'dinged' as long as you 'shipped' the items out within the time you stated you would. Possibly the air hub to the West coast goes through LaGuardia? 

1st Class or Priority? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You won't get dinged if you did your part on time. No worries.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

small packages going first class mail. I mailed them next day after sale.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

1st class is 2-7 business day delivery so there's time. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

About a month ago I shipped 2 packages to the same address, one 1st class and the heavier one Priority, from the Chicago area to NJ. Two days later the tracking showed the 1st class package was at a regional USPS center in NJ great.  It showed the Priority package was at a center in San Bernadino CA. Luckily it was a weekend and the priority managed to cross the whole country and catch up to the 1st class package and both delivered OK on the following Mon.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I'm in Southern California. Last year I mailed a First Class package that was supposed to go to a city 50 miles south from me.  Instead it went to Tennessee before it was shipped back to California, but it still arrived on time.  This happens when a package is put in the wrong sorting bin at the regional sorting station.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, I just today got a message about a late package going to California via Media Mail...went East to Memphis first

Message 9 of 9
latest reply