cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping partial refund

Is there an Ebay way to return part of shipping costs?  The buyer bought 2 items, but I will not need to charge as much for the second item as I can combine shipping.  And yes, the buyer already paid and asked for a partial shipping refund.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping partial refund

You'll have to refund it through the Pay Pal transaction.

Be sure to change the amount or you'll end up refunding the whole thing.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping partial refund

Keep in mind that you have already paid fees to Ebay and PayPal based on the full shipping amount the buyer paid.  This is why I ask buyers to contact me BEFORE buying for combined shipping.  Then you can combine the items before the buyer pays, and your fees are based only on the actual amount of money received.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping partial refund

That is why I don't respond to requests for discounted shipping after a sale.  Moreover, if the buyer opens a claim afterwards it becomes a mess as refunds are based on the original amount paid.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping partial refund

Did your buyer pay for both items in the same transaction or did they pay for them separately.  PayPal charges 2.9% +$0.30 for each transaction.  Also PayPal will not refund you the transaction fees for any refund. You can choose to issue a partial refund but I would deduct the fees.  Just remember if there is a problem with an item you have to refund the whole amount and eat the PayPal fees.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply