cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Packing Slip print function &^$@@

Is anyone else unhappy about having to purchase a shipping label before being able to print a packing slip .. seems kinda %$ backward to me ..  My shipping process has ALWAYS been to print a packing slip first to verify that I am packing the correct item AND to include the packing slip INSIDE my interior packaging .. Obviously someone who has never actually shipped an item decided that this new way was better .. first time venting ..lol

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone! The Shipping team wanted to share the following:

“Thank you for the report. The print packing slip functionality has been restored to the front page of the label purchase flow. You can also print packing slips from the Orders tab in Seller Hub by selecting ‘print packing slip and more’ from the dropdown menu on the left side of the order details”

Devon,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 26 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I haven’t had that issue. I always print packing slip first then the label. 

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@comix54 wrote:

Is anyone else unhappy about having to purchase a shipping label before being able to print a packing slip .. seems kinda %$ backward to me ..

Exactly which Shipping form are you using? eBay will not let you print a packing slip before the buyer has paid, for the simple reason that no one knows what the Ship-To: address will be until the payment arrives. But after that point, I have always (as recently as last night) been able to print the Packing Slip first, then the Shipping label after that.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

I am INCORRECT but still annoyed that my fulfillment process will be changed again .. I have in the past always printed my packing slips first from the Ship Your Order page .. that link to the packing slip is now located after you purchase the label ... BUT I can still print the packing slip first from the Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment  drop down .. therefore, my rant was premature .. lol .. I just need to once again change my small seller packing and shipping procedure 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

I am incorrect .. I had always used the "print packing slip " link that was located on the Ship Your Order page . Following that path you can no longer print it before purchasing a label BUT I had forgotten that a link to the packing slip was also located on the Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment page .. still annoyed that I once again need to change my  " small seller " process for little improvement

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I purchase the bulk shipping labels first, then the packing sheet. At that point, the packing sheet will have the item, quantity, & also a tracking number for you to match up.

The process has been pretty smooth ao far. Just don't forget to print the packing sheets before moving off the shipping page.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

YES!!!!  This new system is frustrating and stupid.  They should never have changed it.  It is now costing me more time for each package!!!  

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Super unhappy with the new method - another waste of my time - change it back or at least have the option to do it the new way and the less time consuming old way.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Having the same issue so I contacted Customer Support. First comment was that the support team member had not heard of the issue. Upon further research it turns out that the change was made to 10% of eBayers as a trial before they roll it out.  And, sadly, I cannot opt out of being a guinea pig for eBay's IT department foray into unnecessary changes

Hate the change for 3 reasons:

1) I have some buyers who purchase multiple items seperately and then want combined shipping. So...with the new system I much purchase multiple labels and void all labels except one in order to have packing sheets for all items. (Yes, they can put in cart and purchase in bullk but not everyone does that) 

2) Seems like I'm being forced to purchase shipping label through eBay instead of having choice of outside service 

3) My process has always been to print sheet and prepare package in full to determine shipping weight...now I have to guess if that fractional ounce will set me into a new weight or....horrors..... bump me out of First Class into another postage class - ARGH -- let's face it folks, FRAGILE labels, tape and packing sheet all add to final weight of a package....maybe just ounces but they can make or break type of service that is available 

AND....let's also address the "new" packing sheet includes the financial information UNLESS you elect to mark it "AS A GIFT" - double ARGH GRRRR - AND the amount of paper it uses is twice the size (I cut my packing sheets down to save on postage)

In addition to the formal complaint I have elected to respond negtively to the eBay survey at the end of the label purchase in hope that someone in their IT departent will actually read/listen to what the user is saying... Hope springs eternal

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

What I do now is used the drop down window and print

the packing list, the complete the order as before.

I asked at one time if I could choose my default shipping

from Priority to first class  it would save on errors

and not have the way of shipping bounce around from

hit media mail a few times by error,- no response

Used to be able to save a message in the message

part of the label process, now its and cut and paste

from my word processer as that function someone removed.

Im glad they did abort some things that I saw them do live

Dan

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Yup, eBay just can't leave things alone.  The packing slip they now make you use is more like an invoice.  IT IS NOT A PACKING SLIP.  Come on, eBay, stop screwing up things, stop "fixing" something that isn't broken!!  I like to print the packing slip, package the item, SEAL the box, and then weigh it to MAKE SURE the cost to ship is correct.  You do realize tape and things actually weigh something and if the package is close to the next ounce or pound, the tape may just push it over.

BRING BACK THE SIMPLE PACKING SLIP THAT CAN BE PRINTED BEFORE SEALING THE BOX, WEIGHING IT, AND BUYING THE LABEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

I always printed the packing slip before purchasing a label.  For large combined orders I always used the packing slip on the "Purchase shipping label" page as it had 1 line per item.  (The packing slip on the "Manage orders awaiting shipment" is 4 pages long and 5 lines per item.) 

If I have an order for 40 postcards, I then use this 1 line per item packing slip to locate the 40 postcards, sort them in the order shown on the packing slip as a convenience for the buyer, put the 40 items and single sheet packing slip in the package, weigh the package, and finally print the label.  Today I CANNOT do this.  Shame, eBay. 

This is NOT an improvement to require purchasing a shipping label before I can even print a packing slip, especially if the new (and in my opinion, unimproved) packing slip on the "Purchase shipping label" page is more than 1 line per item.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@comix54 wrote:

I am incorrect .. I had always used the "print packing slip " link that was located on the Ship Your Order page . Following that path you can no longer print it before purchasing a label BUT I had forgotten that a link to the packing slip was also located on the Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment page .. still annoyed that I once again need to change my  " small seller " process for little improvement

Oh, those idiots... I didn't see the revised page last night, but I was hit with it this afternoon. Needless to say, there was no advance notice, no announcement, and no explanation as to what problem they thought this would solve. 

I finally figured out that I could back out of the Shipping form to the Sold Items page, and find a Packing Slip option in the pulldown menu in the Actions columns. More busywork, leading to a bloated page that now has more content on it than is needed for a Packing Slip. (I notice, incidentally, that the prices that they removed from previous iterations of the packing slip have now been restored. I'm not sure whether that's yielding to past complaints or is simply short-term forgetfulness.)

I think I can still fit the Packing Slip and the Shipping label on the same 8½"x11" sheet of paper. Will find out shortly.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

This "New" process is just plain dog **bleep**.  End of story.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

This new change is colossally stupid. 

Ever tried to send an ESUS tracking number to Puerto Rico? Half the time the address isn't recognized and I have to handwrite the address and use stamps, no big deal. With this change, now I can't even include the normal insert because I am unable to purchase ESUS tracking for low-dollar items for them. 

Why make changes like this without an announcement or the ability to opt out? Why not fix the current problems, like the PO not scanning ESUS tracking much of the time, before "fixing" things that are not broken?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply