cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO RETURNS MEANS NO RETURNS....RIGHT???

I SOLD A PHONE, & the buyer recieved it 4 DAYS AGO. I dont hear A PEEP from her until ALL THE SUDDEN, she claims its defective and dont automatically connect to wifi. This is ALL UNTRUE. The device was funtioning JUST FINE when i shipped it out. Now, Ive been screwed BIG TIME on a diff. site a while back. I sold a samsung note 8 and when i accepted the return, it was NOT the same device i sent. It was clearly switched out and they got refunded as well as the phone while i was out a $900 phone as well as my $450 i was selling it for.  If Im buying a pricey item, & something is wrong, the 1ST thing Im doing is inspecting it closely and IMMIDIATLEY contacting ebay and the seller to state my issue. I am NOT waiting 4 freakin days to say something. How do i know she is going to send me the item i sent her? Then it CLEARLY says NO RETURNS...aka NO BUYERS REMORSE... AM I JUST BEING FORCED TO DO WHAT MY LISTING PROHIBITS? NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY PRODUCT. aI AM LABELED AS AN OUTSTANDING EBAY SELLER....More like a SCREWED SELLER 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Hopefully the buyer is honest. Okay who are we kidding, unfortunately phones is probably the biggest scam on ebay. If you receive a different phone, you are probably screwed. But I would never go down without a fight. I would contact the police department in the buyers town. Give them a picture of the phone you sent and the one you received back. If they want to truly help you out they ask the buyer to see their phone-- if it matchs your picture they may just get the person to admit their crime. It is not great odds, but at least you give it a try. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Wow. How frustrating that must be. That may be a tough one since it is one of those "he said, she said" situations. Maybe if you compare your photos to the phone 'returned' to you and can show it is not the phone you sold, ebay or paypal will side with you. I don't know what other options you may have. I am thinking at this point I would not be selling phones. The no returns policy does not include any item that is claimed to be Not As Described. It is probably going to be up to you to show otherwise.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You are out of luck.  Ebay MBG trumps your "no returns" policy.  There is nothing stopping the person from returning a different phone.  Having pictures of the original will not help you with Ebay.  They will ALWAYS side with the buyer in this instance.  

Your best bet is to accept the return if the buyer files a SNAD.  If you do not receive the phone you sent, I believe you can file with the post office for fraud, but I am not sure - those on the board who are more knowledgeable will most likely chime in.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Phones are a very problematic thing to sell.

No returns does not mean no returns.  Almost every page, and your sold listing, show the Ebay MBG logo.  Possibly you missed this.  It's right under your location, and it states, Get the item you ordered, or your money back.  Includes purchase price and original shipping.  This Ebay policy overrides your no returns policy.

So if the item is not as described, buyer files a not as described case, and you can have Ebay send them a label.  They have 5 days to mail the item, and when tracking shows delivery, you refund purchase price and original shipping.  You also pay for the return label.

Sometimes things do become damaged in transit.  Sometimes not.

So no returns means no returns, right?  is actually WRONG.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Actually, "No Returns" does not mean no returns when it comes to items not as described disputes.  Technically, if the item that is delivered to the buyer is not as it was described in the listing, it could actually lead to a charge of fraud against the seller if the buyer were not able to be made whole.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

all phones have an imei so you can EASILY prove if it is the same phone or a different one
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Wouldn't a change from "no returns" to "free 30 day returns" make a difference since a return under the new rules allows for a "partial refund" if returned damanged or not the same condition as sent.  Not same condition would include different serial number or not the same phone.   However, this would require documentation that the phone for sale has a certain serial number as part of the original listing.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

'No returns' doesn't shield you from claims against defective items. (Unless your description actually stated the item was defective / sold for parts, in which case the buyer knows what they're getting into.)

I can't say whether or not the item was actually defective. As someone else already mentioned, phones are a very problematic item here on eBay. There are many buyers who simply do not understand how to use or configure a phone's functions, or tether a device to their home Wi-Fi. This could easily leave the buyer with the impression that the phone doesn't work as intended. So my suggestion would be to reach out to the buyer and try to troubleshoot the issue, assuming you're knowledgeable about the phone's configuration and can provide the buyer with step-by-step instructions.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Well that sucks... I just had a buyer file a return request claiming item wasn't as described and it certainly was. Somehow buyer figured they were going to get four 16gb RAM sticks when the listing was for only one. Even though they paid only for one! And, they complained about the packaging where the listing stated it wouldn't be in original packaging. The memory was never used but was opened. I repacked it for shipping because original packaging was no longer available. And just like the original poster my listing said "No Returns Accepted" and there is no way I'm doing a refund when there'll be no return.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@nemesis7631 wrote:
Well that sucks... I just had a buyer file a return request claiming item wasn't as described and it certainly was. Somehow buyer figured they were going to get four 16gb RAM sticks when the listing was for only one. Even though they paid only for one! And, they complained about the packaging where the listing stated it wouldn't be in original packaging. The memory was never used but was opened. I repacked it for shipping because original packaging was no longer available. And just like the original poster my listing said "No Returns Accepted" and there is no way I'm doing a refund when there'll be no return.

If your buyer went to a computer  store or office  supply  like Stapes   , The employee is required to un  seal  the softewear  package after buyer paid  and before they can go out the store with it .  These stores  would  not refund  the buyer  ,they may take it back and give them a in store exchance. But  others will not  take the return  , but they are rare .  The Online  merchant has that same right  also. they  can refuse the return .   Reason  for these policy  has  to do with fact that a Scam  buyer can down load the softeware  . Ebay does know about  this  retail policy. the Seller will have to be a bulldog  about it, As long as said seller has a no return policy.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

"Ebay does know about  this  retail policy. the Seller will have to be a bulldog  about it, As long as said seller has a no return policy."

This is not true.  A seller can fight all they want to with EBAY CS.  The buyer will be refunded, and you will not get your FVF fees back, you wil be charged for return shipping, and your account will be posted with a defect, 99.9% of the time.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Okay so I this subject I made a auction posting  and less then a minute later a buyer sent me a message asking if he could pay $100.00 for him to buy it now. I was okay with it and dos so he sent his money to me in less for the time I made the revision on my listing and I sent the package to him that next day. Well this buyer had from Friday to Tuesday to look over the listing while waiting for it and now he got it last night and claims the item is not post and not real. Funny as if you looked at the listing before buying or over the 3 days it took to get it that you knew what  you where buying. My post was honest as all of mine are and now he wants a refund and a new ring. I have no returns on all of my listings and I have made this along with his threatening message to customer service to review this crazy mans claims. Buyer's remorse is what I call it. Need to know if this has happened to you and what the outcome has been. Thank you 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@nemesis7631 wrote:

I haven't bought computer parts in awhile, so your listing did confuse me.  Is each stick 4GB and there are 4 sticks? Or is it per stick?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply