cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Top Rated Seller Status due to inept Post Office

I ship out EVERYONE of my packages within 24 hours of payment

Post office has NOT scanned packages in December - have packages stuck in the NJ Sorting center for a week and this has occurred all throughout December

If Ebay took the time to look at the package tracking - they would see that this IS THE FAULT OF THE POST OFFICE!

So tired of Ebay NOT helping good sellers.  Because of the inept Post office - I will lose by seller status and my discount!  Disgusted!!!!!

Less business for Ebay - not accepting their bad policy judgement

Mrtrainz99

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You're leaving out big pieces of the puzzle. You wouldn't lose your TRS status just because tracking shows packages are stuck and not moving. Pretty much every seller is dealing with these shipping delays right now.

Why specifically is your TRS status in jeopardy? Unresolved claims? Lack of acceptance scans?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I recognized the risk and the lack of eBay doing anything meaningful to help the sellers during the shipping quagmire and simply pulled all my listings in late November and early December. I was not willing to take the risk of all the potential scamming, fruitless INR cases, unilateral buyer refunds, loss of seller status, negative feedback....... because eBay stood by and did nothing. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

... You wouldn't lose your TRS status just because tracking shows packages are stuck and not moving. Pretty much every seller is dealing with these shipping delays right now.

Why specifically is your TRS status in jeopardy? Unresolved claims? Lack of acceptance scans?

Well, my 'Late shipment rate' is climbing to 0.89% (and it only takes 3% for you to lose your TRS) and I ship EVERY package within 24 hours.  I ALWAYS use the SCAN form.  I ALWAYS have USPS pick up directly.   My only fault a couple times is not physically verifying the postman scanned the form on pickup.  That has to be where my 'late shipment rate' is coming from... (this would have delayed acceptance scan if he didn't scan the SCAN form)  I still feel I've been pretty fortunate at least.  It's only 106 items across 19 packages in my late list, and only one INR I refunded.

So I don't think the OP left out any huge piece of the puzzle or details here.  It IS possible to do EVERYTHING 'right' right now and still end up losing TRS through no fault of the seller.

To OP:  Thankfully my 'Late shipment rate' is still below 3% but even nearing 1% has me nervous.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The USPS is not inept.  The country is, with mass panic buying, getting free money to do more buying, and then christmas shopping on top of it. There is dramatically less sorting hubs now than there was even 3 years ago. Mail does not move as fast as it used to, and the USPS cannot handle this work load.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@unemployed_husky wrote:

The USPS is not inept.  The country is, with mass panic buying, getting free money to do more buying, and then christmas shopping on top of it. There is dramatically less sorting hubs now than there was even 3 years ago. Mail does not move as fast as it used to, and the USPS cannot handle this work load.

Wrong ... USPS has seen reduced staffing at many of their Bulk Facilities since Codivd-19 quarantines and testing.  Additionally, earlier this year they cut out overtime which I know did not sit well with Postal Workers who were used to the extra money from working extra hours, it wasn't chump change to be sure.  Our local Post Office has had their "Hiring" sign out front for months yet still run shorthanded.

In 5 years of Selling and THOUSANDS of packages we never had an INR claim before early November this year.   Yep, that included the increased volume from Covid 19 that started in mar-Apr time frame this year ... USPS handled that increased volume until the items I listed above caught up with them.   I've had 3 since early Nov ... and we seen a 4th one coming tomorrow based on an unhappy Buyer ... we've had many Buyers message us asking where their packages are?!?  So here we are waiting for the back log to bleed out through the bulk centers so things can start to return to normal.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I am a mail carrier. Thankfully as of yesterday we are now once again fully staffed, but our office is a rarity. some offices and sorting centers ate working with 25% of their staff out with covid. 

Yesterday like most days these past 8 months or so I started work at 6:30 and pulled back in  the Post Office at 4:55. I get paid from 7:30 to 3:30. I once again couldn't fit all the packages in my Jeep leaving notices for 2 addresses and a fellow carrier whos route intersects with mine too one large package for me as he is close enough to come back and load more. 

I had so many heavy packages yesterday that my wrists hurt to the point that I wrapped them with ace bandages and Biofreeze and they still woke me up a couple times during the night.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If your Post Office or carrier is not scanning your packages accepted PRINT A SCAN FORM. We are required to scan Scan Forms.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It has nothing to do with the carrier scanning the package when picked up.  I just got the notice and it states that my percentage went up due to "tracking indicates late delivery."  So I am really concerned what ebay will do about it.  I certainly do not deserve to be penalized because USPS is backlogged 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If it's any consolation at all, an eBay announcement updated on 12/16 includes this text..

Late deliveries this holiday season will not impact your seller performance rating as long as you continue to meet the expectations you set in your listings. You receive credit for shipping on time when any one of the following happens:

• Tracking shows a physical carrier scan any time within your stated handling time
  • Buyer answers “Yes” to item arrived on-time when leaving feedback
  • Tracking shows a delivery scan within the latest delivery date for the shipping service selected  

It also goes on to say:

If you meet one or more of the above requirements, we’ll automatically reflect on-time shipping for the transaction. You will not need to contact eBay customer support. We continue to monitor and evaluate carrier transit time and delays and we’ll make adjustments where necessary.

Hopefully, you'll be able to revert to TRS. Good luck.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

No one deserves to be penalized because USPS (and all other carriers practically worldwide) being backlogged.  I took exception to the OP's statement that USPS is inept, when I and other mail carriers are donating roughly 2 hours a day getting people their items. We get paid evaluated time and that time has not changed since pre-covid. My route has the evaluated time of 8 hours and 20 minutes per day. That is what I get paid for. If it takes me 10+ hours to finish because the weather is bad and roads icy or because i have an outrageous amount of packages it does not matter I get paid for 8 hours and 20 minutes. During normal times they figure that this will be the average, some days we will run over, but some days will be light and we will get done early. Since this spring I have not finished early more than twice and gotten back "on time" maybe a dozen times.

I talked with our sub I'm going to try to extend my weekend a few days sometime next month (if no one gets sick), I need o give my hands and the rest of my body a bit of a break, see if there is actual damage or just fatigue.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay seems beyond inept...that is why I'm cancelling EVERYTHING and moving it ALL to a different board. Shame on eBay!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply