cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Season shipping increase Oct 2022 and ebay pricing

Shipping prices by the USPS increased on Oct 2, 2022

I have noticed I was getting the same rate before here that I did on etsy and in paypal- however in my category that fee on shipping ebay takes was 11.7% and is now 14% due to increase in fees for selling in jewelry category.

Today I went to print out my labels and instead of the 26% shipping discount I got in etsy, ebay only gave me a 23% discount on shipping. Etsy selling fee on shipping is 6.5% and here it is 14%.

I checked pirate ship and they are also only giving a 23% discount for first class packages/parcels but they were 0.1 cent cheaper and of course no 14% fee.  paypal was also the same 23% discount- haven't looked lately but I think there is also no fee there to print a label.

Does anyone know of any other or cheaper online service for parcels that is free to use? 

TIA

Dance like no one is watching...Sing like no one is listening!
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Peak Season shipping increase Oct 2022 and ebay pricing

@kittenkat22 wrote: .... Etsy selling fee on shipping is 6.5% and here it is 14%.

I checked pirate ship and they are also only giving a 23% discount for first class packages/parcels but they were 0.1 cent cheaper and of course no 14% fee. ...

The final value fee on whatever the buyer pays for shipping is charged by eBay regardless of where you purchase the postage label. You can't avoid it by purchasing postage elsewhere such as through Pirateship.

The way that the postage sellers calculate their "discount" is just by figuring the difference between the retail and online rates. The discount on shipping isn't a straight percentage; it varies with every service, weight, and distance (Zone). So if you are going to compare prices through different postage sellers, you have to use the same package info (weight, dimensions, ZIP Codes). 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply