cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Great, Ebay just sent email notifying International Shipping on all my Listings

I opt out of International Shipping because of the hassle dealing with International buyers....Oh well, another dictatorship move by Ebay to boost their sales....and infuriate sellers  

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Just Great, Ebay just sent email notifying International Shipping on all my Listings

I don't care about the follow up, that is why I left it. Anyone who is taken aback by it is someone I don't want as a buyer anyway. And it didn't deter almost $2000 in sales yesterday. I'm tired of all of the nonsense on this site and I'm going to say whatever I want.

Message 46 of 79
latest reply

Re: Just Great, Ebay just sent email notifying International Shipping on all my Listings

Did you look at your site preferences > shipping preferences?   I just looked at mine and there is still an opt out option there if I wanted to get out.

Message 47 of 79
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

Even just recently an international buyer did a thread on this forum called "This is why your sales are down" explaining why sellers using the EIS program are losing so many sales because of how much more expensive it is for international buyers when buying from someone selling through the EIS program.

That thread would be this one here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/This-is-why-your-sales-are-down/m-p/34243159 

I was slightly boggled to see what a recent UK buyer of mine was paying to get his item, although I haven't had any other recent international sales that were direct-to-buyer to compare with for pricing. I could see that he was paying his VAT on the purchase, plus some amount for eBay shipping on the international part of the trip, so all totaled up, it was a pretty good chunk of change. (Looking at the Order Details page will show the buyer's full payment, including charges that do not actually reach your account.)

What I think adds insult to injury for eBay International Shipping sales is that after all that money is paid, eBay seems to take their sweet time at the consolidation center, in terms of how much time elapses from the time and date of the package delivery to the consolidation center up until it finally gets on a plane to the buyer's country. Several days can go by for no apparent reason. If the facility is that swamped, they need to either expand to a larger building or hire more workers.

Message 48 of 79
latest reply

No dog in the fight about eIS or not - I don't care one way or the other, but I have an issue with the use of "dictatorship" - corporations are not a democracy. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 49 of 79
latest reply

You're correct, corporations are not a form of democracy.......it's either their way or the highway......they are a mini-dictatorship....you do as you're told....unless it's an employee owned company, then employees have a say

Message 50 of 79
latest reply

Not sure if it has been made mandatory to be in eIS.

Past experience (sellers have been getting opted in for quite some time) is when opted in by eBay, any seller country exclusions were still observed. Sellers could opt out.

I was opted in, but in my listings, all but the U.S. of A. was excluded. I stayed "opted in". I do not know if eBay actually blocked any, but I had no eIS sales. Looking at my listings when signed out indicated that countries were excluded. Had United States only.

I waited. I read. I removed country exclusions. 

I had an international sale (South America)  The shipping from DHL (transferred to DHL after the hub) was very delayed , but the item arrived within the eIS estimate. (over 1-1/2 months.) The buyer contacted me about the delay. We messaged about the program, and the delay. The buyer understood.  The buyer got the item. Positive feedback was left for me.

I have another in progress at this time. (Australia)       eBay shows that it is at their hub. USPS shows "Delivered"

eIS opt out 6.jpg

The package will be assigned a new tracking # once transferred to the International carrier. 

As far as I can see the "opt out" is still available.

eIS opt out.jpg

I am testing the ability to "opt out" .

eIS opt out 3.jpg

I have "opted out".  YMMV

eIS opt out 4.jpg

I have no indication that eIS is mandatory. Once 24 hours passes I will check my listings. 

As I am currently on "time away" this will not disrupt my sales.

I will opt back in. I have no issues with shipping by eIS. As posted, pre eIS I did not ship to international locations.  I did have, and still do have sales to international buyers that use a FF service.

eIS opt out 5.jpg

Message 51 of 79
latest reply

When the EIS program was first announced and I was, like you auto-enrolled, I opted out of the program to see if eBay was going to stand behind every thing they said the program was. I have since opted back into the program and really like it. The seller protections under EIS are what sellers only dream of. Once you have shipped to the domestic EIS hub your job is done when the hub receives the package. You may want to check out the benefits of the EIS program before you opt out. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin... 

Message 52 of 79
latest reply

I'll look into it.....but there's no reason for that green moveable eye in International Shipping when listing an item...if you're really not opting out of International shipping......I've been opting out of international shipping for some time....Ebay might try saying you're not shipping international anymore, just shipping to a USA Hub...which they would be correct under EIS.......but you're still selling to international buyers.....Central, and South America was the buyers giving me the must headaches...with the corrupt postal and shipping in their country, along with corrupt buyers 

Under EIS buyer issues are not your problem they are handled by eBay directly. Seller protection even extends to chargebacks. 

Message 53 of 79
latest reply

You are correct, Thank You !.......For now, since Ebay has changed all my listings to international shipping, I'll let it play out for a while...see what happens.....but its good to know that I can opt out at any time if this EIS becomes a problem....Thanks !

Message 54 of 79
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

nothing against the EIS program myself. I don't doubt that it makes things a bit easier for sellers, but if it's as great as what some folks are saying, then why is it that so many foreign buyers hate it?  Even just recently an international buyer did a thread on this forum called "This is why your sales are down" explaining why sellers using the EIS program are losing so many sales because of how much more expensive it is for international buyers when buying from someone selling through the EIS program.  That same person urged all sellers to opt out of EIS and sell internationally on their own if they wanted to make more sales. Maybe some of you remember that thread.

I have no doubt that it probably costs the buyers more than if I handled the shipping myself, but for all the reasons people post about not wanting to ship internationally is why I no longer did either.   The only way I will do so is through the EIS program, so that I do not have to deal with those issues with buyers.   Since I wasn't selling anything before, any amount of sales now is good, and of course buyers have the option of moving on if the costs are too high for them.

Message 55 of 79
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@adkhighker wrote:

Even just recently an international buyer did a thread on this forum called "This is why your sales are down" explaining why sellers using the EIS program are losing so many sales because of how much more expensive it is for international buyers when buying from someone selling through the EIS program.

That thread would be this one here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/This-is-why-your-sales-are-down/m-p/34243159 

I was slightly boggled to see what a recent UK buyer of mine was paying to get his item, although I haven't had any other recent international sales that were direct-to-buyer to compare with for pricing. I could see that he was paying his VAT on the purchase, plus some amount for eBay shipping on the international part of the trip, so all totaled up, it was a pretty good chunk of change. (Looking at the Order Details page will show the buyer's full payment, including charges that do not actually reach your account.)

What I think adds insult to injury for eBay International Shipping sales is that after all that money is paid, eBay seems to take their sweet time at the consolidation center, in terms of how much time elapses from the time and date of the package delivery to the consolidation center up until it finally gets on a plane to the buyer's country. Several days can go by for no apparent reason. If the facility is that swamped, they need to either expand to a larger building or hire more workers.

By " international sales that were direct-to-buyer" I'm assuming you're referring to international sales that we can do by opting out of EIS and listing them on eBay on our own instead, right?  I would love to see if anyone has experimented by listing international listings through EIS and at the same time listing similar items on eBay but not through the EIS program.  I'm guessing that there would be way more sales with the seller handling things from start to finish than the number of sales with eBay taking care of it. 

Message 56 of 79
latest reply

When you get a few non-delivered items, or slow shipping items....the customer in International Countries will give you a fit through Ebay for not receiving, or being overcharged for shipping....it's just not worth the hassle....but now it's not a choice (which it should be for sellers)

It still is a choice and you can opt out along with setting you shipping preferences to exclude all foreign countries if you wish. If you have never sold under EIS not sure how you ever received any complaints from buyers. If you are using EIS you simply defer any questions to the EIS program that you get from the buyer(s). I have been using the program for almost a year, sent several international shipments and not one issue, buyer complaint..... I was notified by eBay of one INR but it was information only. I had to do NOTHING .

Message 57 of 79
latest reply

My previous eIS  (South America address) was quite delayed. Once it arrived at the "hub" it was quickly processed, and proceeded to the "carrier" location (DHL) where it sat, and sat, and sat. I do not know the reason as to why at sat at DHL for weeks. Pressure from eBay on that front would be nice for the buyers that are waiting.

Message 58 of 79
latest reply

The few items I had shipped by EIS by listing mistake, or by Ebay......was very, very slow....like a week or two just to get to hub.....then forever to leave hub to destination country......before EIS I did a lot of international shipping, mostly to Australia...but by far the worst countries and buyers to ship to was Central and South America 

Message 59 of 79
latest reply

Given some of the recent posts about USPS, especially in Texas, I could say the same thing about USPS. The US at least has a pretty robust logistics network. There may only be one plane a week that fly's into some third world countries. 

Message 60 of 79
latest reply