cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this even the morale thing to do?

I purchased a fragile item off of a guy in New York who has great rating. He shipped it from NY to TX with a 14.50USD service which took 4 week days to get here in spite of the guy using Priority shipping through USPS and I get that may have been a 80% USPS 20% Seller thing. Time is not so much of a concern, but the fact that he has a lot of positive feedback on his great packing skills,and yet decided to throw my item in a flimsy box with no padding or any sort of spacing between the items box and the box in which it was shipped in and send it over makes me feel cheated.

Now, obviously the items box is meant to protect it, which is completey true but it is a fragile box which is also packed with the item tightly in it, which means any compression to the items box will transfer to the item itself.

Needless to say, the item did arrive undamaged, box beat up but I can't help to think that charging 14 USD and not adding at least some decent packaging is nothing short of abuse. I've gotten more out of 4 USD shipping in tems of item protection than this. Is this something you would leave negative feedback over? Could it just be the case of people overcharging for shipping to get a few extra bucks?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Is this even the morale thing to do?

- at first I thought typo - but good one Smiley Wink

Message 61 of 68
latest reply

One of the things I like to buy is Chinese tea Sets...Sometimes I know it is a c^^^ shot ordering them. Sometimes they arrive broken because of poor wrapping. (Wrapping with Newspaper alone is One BIG NO-NO) 

I had 2 sets that came to me with damage...I do not ask for partials, but I do send pictures right away! My favorite one is majolica set for children...The Seller set all the cups, sugar bowl, and creamer on top of the Platter...:(. Even with the platter broke I still would have kept it without a partial...The other One is a pretty flowered set. It had 6 cups, but 2 were broken because the Seller nested the cups together and did not put enough bubble wrap in between 1 set of cups...I did not mind only having 4 cups. I also would have kept that set...That Seller was also gracious enough to give me something off...I did NOT ask for anything off nor would I have. 

I received One Set wrapped in a newspaper recently, I do not even know HOW that one survived, but I was so happy nothing was broke! I was Not happy with the packaging, and I would NOT have bought another thing from her. On top of that, we had a lively discussion on the size. It looked like an adult size but was a child set. The pictures were taken very cleverly and no size was listed. She probably deserved a Neutral in the least. I am sure she put me on her list and really IF she did then I am glad she did...I actually was pretty HOT at first...I did not leave any FEEDBACK on that order...I was afraid to go to the page. 

Negatives should be reserved for EXTREME problems. Do You realize how many Elderly that Sell here Need the money they get here for basic necessities and medications to live? How about the College students who sell her to supplement their income to make a better life for themselves? Or the Single moms who are Selling on eBay to take care of their families? How about the Seller who has nice products invested in his store what happens IF that One negative shuts him completely down?

I do have a few questions of You OP. How do You want to get Your items? IF they were put in 2 boxes and wrapped with Mega bubble wrap the cost of shipping would have to be passed onto You...Then would You be complaining about the cost of shipping? If The model was opened and repackaged then would You complain that it had been open and parts might be missing? I certainly wouldn't be NEW then...how would You like that? I guess I do not understand how models can be broken so easily compared to glass and dishes etc. 

I have in the past when I had something to discuss with a seller that I think Might help them. I don't want them to be on the defensive right away so I give them truthful but glowing Feedback. (most Sellers have many positive traits to give feedback for). A few days later then I approach the problem I see, Hoping to be helpful. Maybe You should try that...

Throwing Negatives around IS NOT THE ANSWER. Sellers here have many friends. This is the World Wild Web but You'd be so surprised How Sellers her fight together One day...and the next Day they are comparing buyers who are quick on the draw. Some things do come around to haunt Buyers...Karma is tricky. It will be the time that You see the things You've always wanted 50% below the normal price, in pristine condition.The computer might mess up and You can't buy the item even IF You offer triple what is it worth. Sorry, Charlie. Do You Sell models cars on Your other account? Just wondering.

Well, I know that I have been rambling on too long! I have to get some work done now on MY LISTs they need to be updated! Smiley Wink Sugar

Message 62 of 68
latest reply

@ebbyisme  Smiley Very Happy  Too funny!

Message 63 of 68
latest reply

The "World Wild Web" 😄! Actually, the name descendants of Edward Octavius Bay suggested to Al Gore, which he nixed. However, Al liked the alliterative concept, and simply changed "Wild" to "Wide."

The Estate of Edward O. Bay VI then tried to sue Gore for intellectual property theft, but the judge threw the charge out, stating in his remarks that, "Since the defendant changed two letters, the name is not the same, and besides, who cares, this Internet thingy is a hyped up fad that will never take off. How many people out there will ever be able to even afford a computer, let alone want one? Case dismissed."

Belle
Message 64 of 68
latest reply

Brilliant! 😅 A Cracker Jack post, @ebbyisme! BTW, whatever happened to wife # 1?

Belle
Message 65 of 68
latest reply

@southernfriedbelle wrote:

Brilliant! 😅 A Cracker Jack post, @ebbyisme! BTW, whatever happened to wife # 1?

Well... when you are over 200 years old you lose a few to natural causes.... it doesn't take long for them to tire of my shenanigans, within 20 years they all either run away or pray for sweet death.... Mayhap I should change.....

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 66 of 68
latest reply

WOW!  Three bid retractions in 12 months.  Plus tendency to leave negs for frivolous reasons.  Thank you for posting, OP!

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 67 of 68
latest reply

@ebbyisme wrote:

@southernfriedbelle wrote:

Well... when you are over 200 years old you lose a few to natural causes.... it doesn't take long for them to tire of my shenanigans, within 20 years they all either run away or pray for sweet death.... Mayhap I should change.....

Nah. Don't ever change. We love you just the way you are, @ebbyisme. Plus, pretty sure there's still more women than men in the world. Have you tried any dating sites on the World Wild Web? 😆

Belle
Message 68 of 68
latest reply