cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this even the morale thing to do?

I purchased a fragile item off of a guy in New York who has great rating. He shipped it from NY to TX with a 14.50USD service which took 4 week days to get here in spite of the guy using Priority shipping through USPS and I get that may have been a 80% USPS 20% Seller thing. Time is not so much of a concern, but the fact that he has a lot of positive feedback on his great packing skills,and yet decided to throw my item in a flimsy box with no padding or any sort of spacing between the items box and the box in which it was shipped in and send it over makes me feel cheated.

Now, obviously the items box is meant to protect it, which is completey true but it is a fragile box which is also packed with the item tightly in it, which means any compression to the items box will transfer to the item itself.

Needless to say, the item did arrive undamaged, box beat up but I can't help to think that charging 14 USD and not adding at least some decent packaging is nothing short of abuse. I've gotten more out of 4 USD shipping in tems of item protection than this. Is this something you would leave negative feedback over? Could it just be the case of people overcharging for shipping to get a few extra bucks?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

@phcd1 wrote:

BTW, I assume this was for an unassembled plastic model. Many vintage plastic models quickly go oversize in USPS with regards to shipping. There is nothing to damage in an unassembled model. I even have a vintage unassembled plastic model for sale at this very moment (not on this id), you won't be able to buy it though.  😞

Not from me, @aguilared. And I don't even have any unassembled plastic models to sell!

Belle
Message 31 of 68
latest reply

Hi!

Yep! Unassembled! Unfortunately parts can get loose and damaged even when the kit is not assembled, specially with brands like Eduard or Accurate Miniatures which I rarely buy on Ebay because of the same reason.

Good luck with your sale!

Message 32 of 68
latest reply

Hi!

Better be careful! That statement can turn into a racist remark very quickly! But I crossed the border on a car, with a valid visa, through a bridge. 🙂

Thanks!

Message 33 of 68
latest reply

Common scam with key words and the attitude...
There are so many clues.
Message 34 of 68
latest reply

How am I scamming? 😕 Do you think I would still be on Ebay if I was scamming? And scamming for model kits?

Message 35 of 68
latest reply

"Given the condition of the box, perhaps someone kicked it across the Rio Grande? Smiley Wink" LMAO and a good possibility 😉
Message 36 of 68
latest reply

@southernfriedbelle wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

BTW, I assume this was for an unassembled plastic model. Many vintage plastic models quickly go oversize in USPS with regards to shipping. There is nothing to damage in an unassembled model. I even have a vintage unassembled plastic model for sale at this very moment (not on this id), you won't be able to buy it though.  😞

Not from me, @aguilared. And I don't even have any unassembled plastic models to sell!

And the list gets bigger, bigger and bigger. And that doesn't even account for the many other lists on the internet that get propagated. 

Message 37 of 68
latest reply

@aguilared wrote:

...Good luck with your sale!

Thanks, my last vintage unassembled model did quite well a couple of weeks ago. Good luck with your buying.  😉

Message 38 of 68
latest reply

3 out of 25
You are either:
Not vetting your sellers very well,
Very hard to please,
Very unlucky,
Or... Scamming to get a partial.
Message 39 of 68
latest reply

@aguilared wrote:

How am I scamming? 😕 Do you think I would still be on Ebay if I was scamming? And scamming for model kits?

You said your seller was a "Scammer. 0/10". I think you should quit while you're ahead behind.

Message 40 of 68
latest reply

Lucky! What vintage kit was it? I really don't have much interest in those. Bad detail, not much aftermarket for it... just not my cup of tea unless they are the old Monogram Bombers, so cool for their age.

Message 41 of 68
latest reply

You know, I think I am simply not taking the correct decision when choosing a seller. But it's also very sad to see a lot of great feedback and then receive something that is not on par with said feedback.

But I have not received a single partial on Ebay, I have gotten my money back for other transactions in which items never arrived but that's obviously another story.

Message 42 of 68
latest reply

How is your seller a scammer?   How is charging $14.50 to send what I am going to assume is at least a 2 pound package from NY to Texas an unreasonable amount?    Do you have any idea as to the actual cost of postage for your seller? 

Message 43 of 68
latest reply

I agree and accept that the word scammer was uncalled for. But I am not quitting.

Message 44 of 68
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
3 out of 25
You are either:
Not vetting your sellers very well,
Very hard to please,
Very unlucky,
Or... Scamming to get a partial.

Are we voting?

I vote for #5 (after all, that seller had 100% positive before this).

If I were the OP, I would beg the seller for a feedback revision form.

Message 45 of 68
latest reply