cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

This is something I haven't encountered before in the 23 years that I have been selling on Ebay.

This week USPS charged me for 2 separate shipping labels that had been voided back in December of 2023.  Their reason was because the labels were used after they had already given me a refund...which is not true.  The labels were never used at all...but  for some reason the tracking numbers attached to the labels are showing that they were used for shipping in March of 2024.  I don't understand how that is even possible.  The labels were thrown away in December and never used...but the tracking is updating as if I mailed the packages out last week...which I did not do.

Is anyone else having this same issue?  I'm not even sure how to fight it with USPS and the only things that I can think of is that the tracking numbers are being recycled and someone else has shipped a package using the exact same tracking number...OR...it is a glitch with the USPS tracking system that is somehow providing false updates when nothing has actually been shipped.

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

Same problem except I am actually in NY and my voided label took the exact same path as my original label.

now the customer is claiming non receipt of the item under the voided label tracking #

USPS: 9400108205498536315265

Thu, Mar 14

10:26am

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

SULLIVAN, MO 63080

Thu, Mar 14

9:02am

Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 9:00pm

SULLIVAN, MO 63080

Thu, Mar 14

8:51am

Arrived at Post Office

SULLIVAN, MO 63080

Wed, Mar 13

10:38am

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

ST LOUIS MO PACKAGE SORTING CEN, 63046

Wed, Mar 13

6:59am

Departed USPS Regional Facility

SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Wed, Mar 13

2:25am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Tue, Mar 12

8:13am

DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY

METRO NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 11714

Tue, Mar 12

8:00am

METRO NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Mon, Mar 11

5:40pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Mon, Mar 11

4:25pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

COMMACK, NY 11725

Wed, Jan 10

2:42pm

PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM

COMMACK, NY 11725

Wed, Jan 10

2:31pm

SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM

COMMACK, NY 11725

Wed, Jan 10

12:31pm

Tracking number provided

Message 46 of 131
latest reply

Re: I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

This issue is still happening as of today.  

I wish more people would join in to let Ebay know what is going on.   This isn't right and USPS is doing nothing about it.

Message 47 of 131
latest reply

Did customer service actually refund your for the incorrect charge yet or did the just say they would?

Message 48 of 131
latest reply

I have called the USPS help number. I called my local post office. I have been in this community forum, I have called eBay. No is willing to actually help or do anything. EVERYONE IS WILLING TO PUSH THE BLAME ELSEWHERE! No on has refunded my money for the voided labels. USPSsays contact eBay, EBay says call USPS. 

Message 49 of 131
latest reply

This happened to me as well.  Typical situation, I purchased the wrong label, quickly voided it, tossed it into the scrap pile and printed out a second label.  That transaction was completed and the item delivered to the buyer on Jan 12, and I never gave it another thought.  Now more than two months later I receive a charge for the first label, and tracking information indicating a phantom package was delivered on March 16.  I only sent one package, and that transaction was completed two months ago.  

Untitled.png

1. Sat, Mar 16
    3:09pm
    Delivered, In/At Mailbox
    NORFOLK, VA 23513
  2. Sat, Mar 16
    6:53am
    OUT FOR DELIVERY
    NORFOLK, VA 23513
  3. Sat, Mar 16
    6:42am
    ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    NORFOLK, VA 23513
  4. Sat, Mar 16
    5:43am
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    NORFOLK, VA 23513
  5. Sat, Mar 16
    5:05am
    NORFOLK VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  6. Fri, Mar 15
    9:14pm
    RICHMOND VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  7. Fri, Mar 15
    9:07pm
    RICHMOND VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 23150
  8. Fri, Mar 15
    3:06pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    RICHMOND VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 23150
  9. Fri, Mar 15
    9:20am
    MERRIFIELD VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  10. Fri, Mar 15
    3:49am
  11. Thu, Mar 14
    11:57pm
  12. Thu, Mar 14
    8:18am
  13. Tue, Jan 9
    2:12pm
    PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95825
  14. Tue, Jan 9
    10:55am
    SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95825
  15. Tue, Jan 9
    11:55am
    Tracking number provided
Message 50 of 131
latest reply

@clp1967 wrote:

I have called the USPS help number. I called my local post office. I have been in this community forum, I have called eBay. No is willing to actually help or do anything. EVERYONE IS WILLING TO PUSH THE BLAME ELSEWHERE! No on has refunded my money for the voided labels. USPSsays contact eBay, EBay says call USPS. 

I would not waste time contacting USPS or eBay CS at this point. An eBay rep posted above that eBay is going to credit sellers for these charges. You just have to give it some time for eBay to work it out.

Message 51 of 131
latest reply

Just got notification that I have been re-charged for a label that was voided and refunded in January.  Tracking says voided label shipped from Metro NY in March. Same scenario as most on the forum. In my case, I was billed for 2 labels by ebay.....I printed one label and shipped the item.....voided the other. This is some sort of fraud....is ebay really going to fix it? Has anyone actually received this fix from ebay?

Message 52 of 131
latest reply

@twintechmom wrote:

1. .is ebay really going to fix it?

2. Has anyone actually received this fix from ebay?

1. Yes @twintechmom , eBay already stated they will be crediting affected sellers.

2. Not yet, give it a few weeks. Prob takes a while to sort through a situation like this.

Message 53 of 131
latest reply

I too have now had this problem on two labels which were voided in January and never used. they have been resurrected up at the metro ny distro center like others have stated. I opened disputes with USPS but they seem to go unanswered. I even called and talked to someone and she was pretty unhelpful and accused me of spelling my own name wrong (I didn't). Any way, do I need to contact ebay to add my name to the list of sellers affected by this issue or will they know automatically? I want a refund for these fraudulent charges

Message 54 of 131
latest reply

No you do not have to contact CS @ksg757 . As mentioned above, eBay is going to credit affected sellers once the situation is sorted.

Message 55 of 131
latest reply

ok. can we get some feedback from an actual ebay employee for an eta on when this will be resolved and if we need to take any steps to get the issue corrected? kyle@ebay it's been two weeks since we last heard an update

Message 56 of 131
latest reply

I just received my 3rd charge for a voided shipping label this morning.  The issue is still happening and neither Ebay nor USPS are doing anything about it.  So far I'm out $15.03 total for shipping labels that I voided and never used.  While it's not a lot of money, it's the principle of the matter that really makes me angry.  Someone or something is being used to steal my money as well as a lot of other people's.  This isn't right and it needs to be fixed.  

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 10.47.10 AM.png

Message 57 of 131
latest reply

it's extremely distressing that the post office is just rejecting these disputes when there's obviously been an error, and ebay isn't doing anything about it. my disputes are being rejected as well @cobra_viper Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 11.59.42 AM.png

kyle@ebay can you please provide another update? this is ridiculous and does not inspire the slightest confidence in this shipping arrangement ebay has with usps. usps is clearly rejecting all disputes without even investigating them. thanks in advance for your time

Message 58 of 131
latest reply

Sign me up when this turns into class action lawsuit against eBay and USPS

Message 59 of 131
latest reply

I was just thinking about that earlier today.  I'm sure a class action lawsuit would be possible in this instance.  Especially with the amount of people being taken advantage of.  

USPS is obviously getting the money because they are the ones that are charging the fee for the voided labels through Ebay.  It should be USPS' responsibility to return the money...but they are not...they just keep rejecting the claims so they don't have to reimburse anyone...but Ebay is allowing them to steal the money in the first place...

Message 60 of 131
latest reply