cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Refunding a potential lost shipment

An order I shipped has been stuck somewhere and has not been delivered. I opened a case with USPS, informed the buyer who just wants a refund. I know I should just do the refund and write it off as a bad experience but would like to wait until I know for sure the package status.  Would appreciate some feedback Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you already told the buyer you were going to refund, then you should process the refund. In all likelihood, the package will magically appear in a few days and show delivered. There are no easy answers to this problem right now. If you plan to continue selling, be prepared for more of this type of stuff when using USPS. It's par for the course. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

How long ago did you ship?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Item was shipped Jan 7. Opened the case with USPS Jan 15 and just escalated it today.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If you refund the buyer as the package is stuck depending on the value you could try a package intercept to get it back.  You also need to do the missing mail search.  If it's Priority Mail you can initiate a lost mail insurance claim 15 days from shipping.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am in the same situation. One package that I sent out Dec 28th - opened inquiries and cases hadn't been scanned since Jan 2nd was just scanned today. I am hoping that one can be delivered without a refund. However, the other package I am due to refund because the INR case will be closing and tracking has not updated. I will have to refund and let the buyer know that hopefully her package will still arrive eventually. It is not valuable enough for me to try to intercept the package so she will hopefully get it for free and not leave me a negative for the delay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

My buyer hasn't opened a case but I am trying to avoid negative feedback.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply