cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Unclaimed" Package Returned To Me

Will postage be refunded for a a so-called unclaimed package that is returned to sender?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No. There would be no reason for USPS to do that. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Nope.  At least you got the package back.  You are not required to refund the postage to the buyer if they ever file a case. In fact, refusing it voided all there buyer protection.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No, the Post Office did their job in delivering - or in this case attempting to deliver - the package.

When you get the package back, you can issue a partial refund for the item cost only.  The buyer actually voided their money back guarantee by refusing the package.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Put the package on a shelf and forget about it. If the buyer ever contacts you, let them know what it will cost for you to re-ship the package.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@tools* wrote:

Put the package on a shelf and forget about it. If the buyer ever contacts you, let them know what it will cost for you to re-ship the package.

It is the only way I handle that sitch

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The Post Office claims they left a note in the buyers mailbox to go pickup the package. But the buyer claims there was no note. Says he had no idea there was a package waiting for him at the post office. He thought his package was just late because of the  holidays.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Is it your asking if you should refund the buyer the postage since it was returned to sender or if USPS should refund you for not delivering it? I'm going with no for both questions. 

You might be able to get your post office to send out again for free. If it's truly USPS fault, which not sure when a buyer doesn't pick up...(why wasn't it left?)...Then you can talk to supervisor, explain situation and they might take care of it.

Its been awhile but I've had somewhat similar situations and USPS took care of it for me and sent out again. I didnt have to pay postage due to their mistake.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply