cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh boy!!! Do I feel one coming on

"My post and comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer"

I don't post often but I needed to do a little ranting and vent on this one.

I have a customer that I messaged back and forth several messages trying to help him with the amp to his car, extra pics back and forth. He sent pics of his plugs for the amp he was "Missing" I sent pics of my amp and did a bit of extra leg work and found that the other versions ( as this vehicle used a few different amps) but ours matched the plugs and the other version even plugged in a different location.

He ordered, we shipped right away tracking shows he received it at 1:20 pm today (same time zone as us) a return comes through just before 3 pm with a message saying it didn't work, he took it to the audio shop and they said it was bad, etc.

So installed amp..tried it...took to shop...came home and opened return all in about an hour and 45 minutes? 

But wait boys and girls, it gets better. We offer free returns and the time stamp for the tracking says it was done at 11:31 TODAY!!!! *pointing to above tracking showing delivered at 1:20 PM today*

Now this wouldn't shock me it it was for his Delorean

wanna bet it's not my part returned ? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I did send a nice message asking if he maybe ordered mine to replace a different one he ordered but I'm not holding my breath.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

well if they do not return: which is what I expect:

File fraud and theft with law enforcement: yours and theirs...

You should have a serial number on the item I hope.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@hebertsusedautoparts wrote:

But wait boys and girls, it gets better. We offer free returns and the time stamp for the tracking says it was done at 11:31 TODAY!!!! *pointing to above tracking showing delivered at 1:20 PM today*

Hi @hebertsusedautoparts, where does the frothing appear on the clock at eBay HQ?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I was once a very optimistic person  when it came to people. I am so very disappointed and heartbroken that most of my optimism has been replaced with a shake of my head.

I am sorry that you were so kind in helping your buyer out and they were just ugly.

I wish that I actually believed in karma.....

Wishing you great things this year,

Grandma 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

We mark our parts as I think all salvage yards do and will report for what good it does.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Good catch and I should have thought about that we are on the east coast and the eBay time would be west coast so he did at least wait until he had the part but no way he installed took it to the shop and all in less than an hour.

Talked to an eBay rep and she said when it comes back make sure we report it and she was making some notes. Told me the customer's account has some red flags on it and the whole thing looked very odd to her. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you Grandma,

Some times the business we are in makes it hard to be optimistic and I have seen more than my fair share of some of the things people will do and often shaking your head is all you can do. 

I also wish and hope you have a fantastic year ahead and many more to come

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

well if they do not return: which is what I expect:

File fraud and theft with law enforcement: yours and theirs...

You should have a serial number on the item I hope.

If they do not return the same part ... (just wanted to make that a bit clearer).

If they don't return anything at all, no refund, no fraud/theft.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Grandma you always have some very wise and wonderful posts.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply