cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: eBay Currency and Shipping Settings Defaulting to US Instead of UK

Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out to the community for help with a recent issue I’ve encountered on eBay. As a UK-based seller, I’m experiencing an odd problem where my listings are suddenly displaying prices in dollars ($), and my shipping options are skewed towards US services – absent of Royal Mail and other UK postal services that I would normally use.

Main Issue:

• Currency displaying as US dollars despite being in the UK
  • Shipping options are for the US and missing UK services like Royal Mail
  • eBay showing American-specific features such as using 'zip code' not 'postcode'

Details to Note:

• I’ve noticed these changes post a new eBay update, which although has an improved look, seems to have triggered these location-based discrepancies.
  • Attempting to input my UK address results in errors, and the shipping calculations are set to oz and lbs instead of grams.
  • This issue persists across different devices, indicating it's not isolated to a particular gadget. I’ve confirmed that no VPN is in use that could have caused a location mismatch.

Attached Evidence:

• I've taken the precaution of attaching photos showing the US-centric shipping options and error messages.
  • Additional screenshots highlighting the problems, including the zip code concern.

Request for Assistance:

• Has anyone else encountered this issue following the eBay update?
  • Any advice on how to revert the settings back to UK standards?
  • Suggestions for contacting eBay support effectively regarding this update?

I would be immensely grateful for any guidance or shared experiences that could help solve this mystifying situation.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@sinawstylelux2024

What you are showing, the prices in US$ and the USA shipping services, means that you are connecting to eBay USA, www.ebay.com, instead of eBay UK, www.ebay.co.uk.

If you are using a computer, then you need to log out of the ebay USA website, and log into the ebay UK website. However, it looks like you are using a phone, and since I don't use a mobile device to access eBay, I can't give you details about how to change which website your app is connecting to. But I hope that this information helps you.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hey lacemaker3,

Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding my eBay listing issue. I appreciate your time and effort.

I wanted to update you that I've noticed something peculiar with the eBay platform. When I revisited one of my listings, it was marked as a US listing for some reason. However, when I set up a new listing, paying close attention to the URL to ensure it was definitely the UK version, everything went through correctly with the UK-specific features.

At first, I thought eBay might have rolled out a new update, resulting in unexpected changes to my listings. It was odd indeed, but thankfully, it seems the problem has resolved itself now.

US Link

UK LInk

For your reference, I do have photo evidence showing the URL links that clearly indicate a UK-based listing, yet for some reason, the interface was presenting US features. It's quite baffling how my listing could flip to the US settings without any clear reason, but it’s comforting to know it's back to normal on the new listings.

It might have been a glitch or error in the system, but regardless, the issue appears to be fixed. If you're curious, I can certainly share the images documenting this.

Thanks again for your help — having support through this confusion was invaluable!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply