cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay charged -$1,488.19 for a shipping label, problem is I already bought one through ebay for 104

I shipped a small watercraft motor, got paid, made a label that part was deducted got my payout ...all good.

Right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EBay wants -$1,488.19 for a shipping label and they are going to deduct it from my account. I can't talk to a human being to get this horrible mistake fixed. Seems eBay is incapable of mistakes and that is simply not part of their super-efficient management process that is actually an elaborate scamming procedure apparently

I had to get a stop payment made by my bank and had to take all my items off eBay for fear they will skim all the money from sales so they can line their lust greed pockets.
Is there any way to fix this?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ebay charged -$1,488.19 for a shipping label, problem is I already bought one through ebay for 104

@dang77380 

eBay charged that, or the carrier charged that with the added "surcharges" at time of delivery???

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

If you shipped with UPS, they don't charge you until after the item has been delivered, so you haven't paid any shipping yet.

That's probably about right on that motor.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It sounds awfully high to me. What did it weigh? I don't ship via UPS... but did the additional charge come from them?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

First go to the shippers web site and enter the weight and size of that package and see what it says about the shipping cost.    However, if it was over 150 pounds is could get expensive, fast.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

No it is not, it's only  100lbs. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Not sure, ebay is deducting it from my account, the most expensive is 300 but, 1500 is insane.  I pulled all my stuff off ebay until this gets resolve if ever.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Less than 100 lbs

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Nobody can help you without knowing these 4 things:

What was the weight?

From 'what' zip code to 'what' zip code?

What was the 'dimensions' ?

Who was the 'carrier' that you chose? 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I already did all that and bought the label, it was 104 dollars 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

It's for a label that I already bought, less than 100 lbs.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

UPS applies over the top surcharges of all kinds that are not reflected in the label estimate shown by eBay.

UPS should be able to give you a detailed breakdown of all surcharges applied to that shipment.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@dang77380 wrote:

Not asking you if you 'DID' that; 

Telling you that you are on a forum where other members are trying to help and CANNOT help you without that information! 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

$100 for 100 lbs? That cant be correct. Should have sold this as a local pick up item.Doesnt matter either if you remove all your listings here, Ebay will turn you over to collections..sorry.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@dang77380 wrote:

You didn’t pay for the label when you generated it, what eBay gave you was only an estimate. The actual price is only charged to your account once the package hits the UPS stream.

If you come back and answer @stainlessenginecovers ’s questions, they’ll be able to see if the final label price was correct or if indeed an error was made.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply