cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Closed Case My Favor, Now Buyer opens Paypal Dispute

Okay in 20 years never had a paypal dispute so not sure how to handle.

I sold a projector Parts or Repairs, "Needs Light"

Description : Powers on, no light, remote works some times. Of course I do not know anything about these or if I even put the tray in properly. So selling as is parts or repair will come with all pictured. Original box but well worn.

Buyer opens return :

Reason for return
Missing parts or pieces

Comments
I just received the package today but it doesnt have a bulb in it. I want to return this item.

Okay exchange few emails, Okay just go away I tell buyer send it back I'll refund less shipping. Buyer is like no you send label and full refund then I'll send back.

I escalate ebay closes case in like 30 minutes, now he opens paypal dispute. No lightbulb, same **bleep**. I sent Pay-pal all the info again and eBay resolution, so how does this work?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ebay Closed Case My Favor, Now Buyer opens Paypal Dispute

jen_proudleowife said:

"that’s not true. PayPal policy changed when the company’s split 3-4 years ago and PayPal does entertain a claim after an eBay case has been filed. The buyer has 3 bites at the Apple here. "

And I don't believe that is true.  I had a buyer open an ebay case and a paypal case at the same time after the two entities split.   I called paypal to complain about a hold on my account.  That's how I found out that the buyer opened the same case on paypal.  When I told them they also opened a case on ebay, they said they no longer have access to ebay since they split, but had  me stay on the line while they called ebay to confirm what I told them.  We had a short 3 way phone conversation that resulted in an immediate closing of both cases in my favor.   Paypal really didn't even care to look at the details, they told me it was against policy to simultaneously open return cases on both ebay and paypal.  Like I said, that happened after the ebay/paypal split.  

I will say it again - PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE GETTING HOSED BY A BUYER. 

Sellers are the one's paying the fees, which in part is used to pay the salaries of the customer service phone reps, CALL TEHEM!! YOU'RE THE ONE PAYING THEM!!!

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@shoptalkidwrote:

I thought that Paypal will not review the same complaint if it's already been resolved (in the seller's favor) through eBay.  Anyone?   OP, you may want to contact Paypal and let them know that eBay already closed this complaint in your favor.  

Yes, they can still file on Pay Pal.

That's why you want to open a claim on Ebay first, if Ebay doesn't work, go to Pay Pal.

Have a great day.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@valksellerwrote:

And I don't believe that is true.  I had a buyer open an ebay case and a paypal case at the same time after the two entities split. 

They can't have a case on Ebay and Pay Pal at the same time, they would have to wait until the Ebay case closes to open one on Pay Pal.

Have a great day.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I believe that if you open a case with pay pal while an ebay case is still active the ebay case closes.

I've been siding with the OP ever since his nightmare began~~I'm happy pay pal also ruled in his favor.  If the buyer opens a credit card dispute they will most likely make him return to the OP as well~~it appears he doesn't want to spend that money.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@kattinsanitywrote:

I believe that if you open a case with pay pal while an ebay case is still active the ebay case closes.

I've been siding with the OP ever since his nightmare began~~I'm happy pay pal also ruled in his favor.  If the buyer opens a credit card dispute they will most likely make him return to the OP as well~~it appears he doesn't want to spend that money.

Unfortunately a lot of credit card companies only state th buyer has to "make the item available to the seller" but don't require the buyer to ship back or prove they even made the item available 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Has this thread been posted before?

if he files a chargeback with his cc issuer,his Paypal case will close and Paypal will have to deal with his cc issuer.

if you lose,you will pay $20 chargeback fee and may not get your item back.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 21 of 21
latest reply