cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do ebay staff ever personally intervene in case of a dispute? (Seller told me to chose..)

Seller told me to chose "Just didn't like it" (said that it would cause delays in processing the refund if I chose a different reason) even though he sold me a sold/used/refurbished looking phone with scratches for $400, which he had it listed as "New". 

I chose "just didn't like it" and in the reason I wrote that "I wanted to purchase a new phone without cosmetic defects". 

Now, after I've shipped the phone back (and its in transit), the seller sent me a message stating that if the phone OS is not reset, or that if it's not packaged properly and damaged that it may cause delays and penalties in the refund. 

I didn't reset the phone since I hadn't put anything on the phone in the first place and he could do that himself (it only takes a push of a button or two to navigate to settings and to reset. Also, he sent me that message after I had already shipped it back). In any case, if this seller tries to pull something, like penalizes for not resetting or something, will ebay staff personally intervene and read our messages to see that the seller is not being reasonable? That he is at fault for describing a used and repaired phone (I even sent the seller images of the scratch and scuff marks) as new? 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Do ebay staff ever personally intervene in case of a dispute? (Seller told me to chose..)

Returns for did not like are not reviewed by ebay unless a refund is not processed within a few days of return.As soon as any amount is refunded  and processed the return will close

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Re: Do ebay staff ever personally intervene in case of a dispute? (Seller told me to chose..)

No,in not as described case seller must refund in full

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Seller has already tried something and found success.

They got you to choose a reason for return that count as as buyers remorse and will force you to pay for a shipping label back to them.

You choose have chose Item Not As Described and they would had to have paid for the label

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@oceans2323 wrote:

will ebay staff personally intervene

No, bots handle your refund. 

Read up on the MBG.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Why don't you use this link to contact Ebay and see what they can do.  https://www.ebay.com/help/call_us?type=ContactUs&initFrom=HOME&topicId=4000    Explain what the seller did to you, and they can switch the complaint to SNAD.  

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Personally, I would contact eBay now and let them it was not as described to see if they can change the return type for you. Ask them to read your messages with the seller. 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

But they would look at it if I were to bring it to their attention, right? 

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Unless he is going to deduct the shipping from my refund, he already paid for the shipping label though. 

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I tried this. He told me that because it was in the system, he would be unable to change it. 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

I tried to get him to switch the complaint, but he said he couldn't do it. 

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I responded to the message you sent me with advice on how to proceed. Basically, wait to see what the seller does once the return is back with them. If they only give a partial refund, contact eBay again. If eBay gives you a hard time, show them the chat messages from the eBay rep(s). 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

They used to be able to do it.  Did you chat with a manager?  Try again and if they say no, ask for the manager.  Be sure to tell the manager that you feel that you're being scammed and that Ebay isn't safe for buyers.  

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Everyone, thanks for your help. Seller got his phone back and I got my money refunded. 

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I was really scared but the seller refunded my money. Thanks for your advice. 

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I was really scared too especially since USPS was a day late in delivering it. But the seller received the return today and some time later, refunded my payment. Thanks for you help flapperfox. 

Message 30 of 30
latest reply