cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT use FRAGILE sticker from USPS or your buyer may be charged $10.95 fee.

It's time to refresh this topic as USPS is searching for ways to increase income. On 11-12-2019 USPS suddenly decided to enforce billing for use of their yellow "Fragile, Special Handling" stickers. Three of my buyers got notices that they owed $10.95 for postage. One buyer refused the package and requested a full refund from me. The other 2 buyers just got the notice and I sent the additional funds to pay for the extra fee at the Post Office. I've called PayPal and eBay and spoken with my local Postmaster and none of them knew what was going on. I sent an inquiry to the local Post Offices of my buyers and 1 answered that the extra postage was for the Special Handling fee. 

I always like to know how to prevent repeating a mistake when it happens and want to pass this one along too... I will be returning my roll of yellow Fragile Stickers to my Post Office tomorrow and advise other sellers to do the same. If you really want to use one, I can't find any way to pay the extra fee via eBay labels so take it to the Post Office and pay them directly so your buyer doesn't have to. 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: DO NOT use FRAGILE sticker from USPS or your buyer may be charged $10.95 fee.

@modernrat1 wrote:

The link you provided clearly and irrefutably shows that the item is a “special handling fragile” sticker, not a “fragile” sticker, and the link clearly and irrefutably states there is an extra charge for this service.  

I don't see where you're going with your argument. It's reasonable to call it a "Fragile" sticker as that is obviously the largest single word on it, meant to be visible from a distance. It is the only "Fragile" sticker offered by the USPS, and the title does specify that we're talking about the FRAGILE sticker from USPS, not a generic one from elsewhere. Finally, the sticker itself is free from the USPS (distributed in rolls of 250), but using it incurs a fee of $10.95, as stated in the title. Using any other type of generic Fragile sticker does not incur a fee (nor does it get you Special Handling, though).

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Re: DO NOT use FRAGILE sticker from USPS or your buyer may be charged $10.95 fee.

I have said all I’m going to say on this. Everyone can read our posts. My message, as I intimated previously, really wasn’t for you. It was for everyone else. You can argue that you are right and I am wrong, but I don’t care. 

My responses and your responses can be read by everyone. That’s what matters. They now know who is accurate. 

And I have NO DOUBT that everyone else understands me. 

Peace and cheers. 

Message 47 of 47
latest reply