cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged an International fee for shipping to Miami.

Has this happened to anyone else? I shipped a package to Miami and noticed I was charged an International Fee.

The address looks like it might be an outside shipper, but in the past that didn't matter. I called Ebay to ask why, and they said because the buyer is based in Jamaica. That should not matter, I shipped to Miami.

Can someone please shed some light on this.   

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Charged an International fee for shipping to Miami.

Same thing just happened to me.  Buyer was Registered in Canada but shipped to a U.S. home address.  I was charged a International Fee of $25.08.

I called Ebay and they would not credit my account.  They said I need to work that out with the buyer before they buy the item.  Not sure how that is even possible...   This is the first time I have noticed a International fee.  I usually don't check my fee's (better to not know how bad your getting screwed).   I just wonder how many times this has happened to me and I have not known.

Thanks for nothing ebay

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

I called for the same thing, but no refund for me 😞

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Hopefully, EBAY didn't charge the buyer state tax, since YOU will have to pay commission on that state tax on top of the international fee. 

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

I just got charged an international fee on 2 separate orders.  Both orders are being shipped to the USA, but the buyers registered addresses are China and South Korea, respectively.  This is something I wasn't aware of.  I just found this out, by chance, when checking on my top rated seller discounts.  I wonder how many more transactions this happened to.  I don't ship International.  Anyone else just found this out?  

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply