Did you mean: 

Can not print labels "Something went wrong"

If anyone else getting this message right now while trying to print labels

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Can not print labels "Something went wrong"

@somanypcs wrote:

Same problem here so can print labels for eBay Standard Envelopes.

While it's only noon on the west coast, it's already 3pm on the east coast. A lot of POs close at 5pm or even earlier. Not to mention sellers that rely on carrier pickup and missed that window.

Sellers using ESE and FedEx for Authenticity Guarantee are in a tough spot. I think eBay should offer protections to those sellers kyle@ebay .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 151 of 160
latest reply

Thank you so much for this information.

Message 152 of 160
latest reply

When I was a programmer we didn't put any changes into production in December, for obvious reasons.

Message 153 of 160
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@somanypcs wrote:

Same problem here so can print labels for eBay Standard Envelopes.

While it's only noon on the west coast, it's already 3pm on the east coast. A lot of POs close at 5pm or even earlier. Not to mention sellers that rely on carrier pickup and missed that window.

Sellers using ESE and FedEx for Authenticity Guarantee are in a tough spot. I think eBay should offer protections to those sellers kyle@ebay .

Hey @wastingtime101 I have some official word on this now!  Here is what they have said:

"Sellers will be protected from tracking uploaded on time and validated defects"

Kyle,
eBay
Message 154 of 160
latest reply

Thanks, I'm sure that will help a lot of sellers kyle@ebay .

Might I suggest removing the tag someone added to your pinned post? That person spammed a lot of threads on this forum with the same text. I haven't looked, but they probably added it to the other pinned posts on selling and tech.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 155 of 160
latest reply

The generic error message was rather useless, making sellers try to figure out what might be wrong on their end.  It would be great if the Ebay team could print in bold bright print, as soon as they notice that the shipping problem was on Ebay's side, so sellers don't waste tons of time trying to troubleshoot the non printing problem.

Message 156 of 160
latest reply

I've been unable to figure out how to print ebay labels correctly on my label printer 😞 Weather shipping USPS GRD ADV or PWE, label does not print properly directly from Ebay or even if i print ebay label to PDF first. Not sure what I'm missing? I just have a standard label printer for 6x4 labels I believe and I've tried everything I can think of and I'm sure its probably the simplest fix that going to make me look silly. Sorry if this was off topic as I'm also first time using this community chat platform and not able yet to find where to post topic hahaha yea I'm a rookie to a lot of things apparently. 

Message 157 of 160
latest reply

Really week 3 & still can’t print labels. WTH?😡

Message 158 of 160
latest reply

@robertbarlow042678 wrote:

I've been unable to figure out how to print ebay labels correctly on my label printer 😞 Weather shipping USPS GRD ADV or PWE, label does not print properly directly from Ebay or even if i print ebay label to PDF first. Not sure what I'm missing? I just have a standard label printer for 6x4 labels I believe and I've tried everything I can think of and I'm sure its probably the simplest fix that going to make me look silly. Sorry if this was off topic as I'm also first time using this community chat platform and not able yet to find where to post topic hahaha yea I'm a rookie to a lot of things apparently. 

Hey @robertbarlow042678 - your issue is not related to the original post. To avoid your problem getting lost in the mix, it's better to start a new discussion. That said, it sounds like your issue is related to label size. Make sure your eBay labels are set to size 4x6. If this does not solve your problem then it could be your printer settings and if that's the case I suggest starting a new discussion with your question and a screenshot of the problem.

On the label purchase page first make sure your label options are expanded:

shippingoptions.png

When your shipping options are expanded:

printformat.png

If you're using bulk labels:

bulkprint-changesize.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 159 of 160
latest reply

@2sunnie64 wrote:

Really week 3 & still can’t print labels. WTH?😡

The issue from Dec 4th was resolved by EOD on Dec 4th. If you're having issues today @2sunnie64 I suggest starting a new discussion here and giving some specifics about the issue you're having so you can get some help with it.

GLORIOUS!

Message 160 of 160
latest reply