cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers being prompted to start returns.

I buy and sell on eBay.  Today I noticed an item I had purchased was listed under "Orders" with the prompt "Return this item" hightlighted in blue.  I as well as the seller had left positive feedback for each other and I was more than satisfied with the product and service, so why prompt me to start a return?  Was the seller in trouble, or was the product being recalled?  No, eBay thought it would just be easier to start a return if the the prompt was highlighted.

I don't like this as a buyer because it creates doubts about the transaction, and I don't like it as a seller because it may also put those thoughts in my buyer mind.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Buyers being prompted to start returns.

You did take the time to notice why they're doing this, right? I was shocked when I realized their reasoning was based upon reports from bloggers. It's all about what the latest generations think would be the perfect buying experience. Never mind that the Baby Boomers and the Generation Xers have the most money to spend and are also the ones that preferred eBay the way it was. The younger ones want everything now and for free if they can get it that way. Check out the Blogger that eBay sites for its information. It is also available in the area where you find the Sellers Circle. It's a real eye-opener.
Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Who needs management skills when you have 'Bloggers' to tell you what needs to be done?
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Thank you! Somebody noticed what I said. 🙂 Let me know yours and I'll return the kindness. 🙂
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

I have sold on many platforms. Spent plenty of money doing so. Amazon ( the Buldozer ), eBay, my own web-site, Shopify, 3Dcart, Volusion, Wordpress, etc., I have found eBay to be the best place to sell. I paid a lot of money to find out; that you are to pay out for the opportunity to sell (to be exposed to the masses). With your own web-site you will pay Google. eBay and Amazon you'll pay with fees and subscriptions. If you choose not to pay, you'll have no traffic. Without traffic you have NO Sales. No sales you have no cash flow.
There is one more thing I like about eBay. I like being able to BLOCK users from buying from my eBay store. In-fact I have thought about having eBay Sellers share their list with each other. As long as you don't share with your competition of-course. That would be another topic in it self. I sometimes will block buyers if they ask the wrong question. After a while you can read trouble. As I have said before; I would rather not have the sale then to deal with a "CHEAT". Heck! I would rather give the item away, then to sell it to a cheater.
That's my opinion, like it or NOT.
Message 34 of 34
latest reply