cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer sent me back opened underwear....

Buyer requested return saying he got the wrong color performance boxers and even included picture of the item. The picture showed the item still in the package. Well go the package today and it was opened. I messaged the buyer and also messaged ebay. For all I know he wore them and why would he take them out of the package after sending ebay a picture of them sealed?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyer sent me back opened underwear....

Sorry this happened.

Your word against theirs..

No disrespect but who is to say who is right is such cases. Ebay does not have a clue if realy opened or closed package.

You got a return they get money back.

Ahh the need to leave proper feedback for purchasers.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buyer sent me back opened underwear....

@endbossgames wrote:

Buyer requested return saying he got the wrong color performance boxers and even included picture of the item. The picture showed the item still in the package. Well go the package today and it was opened. I messaged the buyer and also messaged ebay. For all I know he wore them and why would he take them out of the package after sending ebay a picture of them sealed?

This used to happen to me occasionally when I primarily sold women's undergarments. I used to always end up throwing the item away and refunding the buyer. This was back when buyers were able to receive negative feedback... I utilized that function.

Nowadays I have free returns so I end up keeping 50% when refunding them. I've complained to ebay countless times about this in the past and just gave up. They would always give me the response "you can keep 50% of the refund, and you at least still have the item that you can relist at a slightly lower price." I ask them if they would allow me to sell used (or even some stained or having sweat odors) on ebay. CS then replies that "doing so is prohibited on ebay." I then ask how come those two statements contradict, and they just end up shrugging or saying "that's your cost of doing business."

Message 3 of 3
latest reply