cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer said I sent the wrong item and is asking for a refund, but something is odd...

Okay, I understand that the feedback on this thread will probably all be along the lines of "Give them a refund, and them move on" which is probably what I will be forced to do, but this case in particular is really bothering me. So first of all, here is the message from the buyer:

"We have an issue. The camera that I received is not the same camera that I purchased. The listing was for canon powershot A70 3.2 megapixel, 1.5 inch screen. What I received was a canon powershot A560 7.1 megapixel, 3 inch screen. Please see the photos from previous messages if needed. Please confirm that you will send the correct camera or issue a full refund. All the best, Paul"

So, last time I checked, I am not a magical deity who can summon digital cameras I have never owned, and then ship them off to a buyer. If I was said magical creature, I would not be making this thread, but selling summoned cameras left and right. I would also be making enough money to not even be here, but instead on a private island somewhere in the Bahamas. Second of all, last time I checked, I was also not a time traveler (though I have dabbled with the principle). So, that being said, how could a buyer receive this item FOURTEEN days ago, leave a good review on my feedback page saying how it was perfect, then come back days later demanding a refund for me supposedly sending the wrong camera? It's not like i traveled and swapped the cameras. Keep in mind this thread is totally serious, and do not take my tone as a joke. I am just extremely annoyed. Also, because of my overall anger, I have yet to contact the buyer. 

Also, a sidenote. I did a side by side comparison of the two cameras, and IF this guy got the model he claims to have received, then he got an obvious upgrade. The screen dimensions he sent seemed to be wrong by the way. 

Also, yes, yet again I do understand that with the current fast food mentality Ebay has with "the customer is always right", I fully understand that most likely this will end with the issuing of a refund, this man getting a free camera (actually when haggling with me he even made a note that there would be "no funny buisness. No returns". Should have been a warning. 

Anyways, I am looking for a good honest suggestion about if there is any way to win this... You see, the purchase was around $8.00, but I am not motivated by money. I am fueled by spite, and typed all of this out in about five minutes of spite-induced rage. Again I will mention that this thread is 100% serious, and is seeking a serious answer of how to decimate this scammer and crush all of his hopes and dreams. 

Thank you all for sitting through thatmonstrosity. Have a nice day. 

-Chris 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer said I sent the wrong item and is asking for a refund, but something is odd...

Of course the buyer will win the case,issue the refund when you receive the camera back..why leave yourself open for a defect by fighting this? All for $8?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Buyer said I sent the wrong item and is asking for a refund, but something is odd...

You already have one negative feedback for refusing a return, do you want another one? with your low seller fb, is it worth it? If you sell on Ebay, you accept returns...period/

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

In my defence, the negative feedback was over another person swapping items around. Like I said, I will probably refund them. I was just hoping for some sort of way to stop situations like this for not only me, but for others. I am simply tired of having items sabatoged, and tired of giving handouts. Many others are unhappy as well. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Also, forgive me for being new, but the only reason I made this thread to fight the buyers claim is that the buyer left positive feedback about the items, then said it is the wrong item 14 days later. That is the main issue here. How could it be perfect, then be the wrong item? Can a buyer revoke good feedback they left? I do not know much about this stuff

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

No he cant revoke good fb..but who needs the hassle of buying from a seller who refuses returns? I sure dont..and I think most buyers feel that ayw..while the buyers do win most return cases, its a pia to fight with a seller over a return.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Feedback is not considered evidence by ebay in cases. Your buyer hasn't opened a case though. Ignore the message and wait to see if they open a case. There's a small chance they never will. Do not reply to the message, do not argue, ignore! 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I'd love to be able to tell you there is a way to beat the case if it gets opened. Unfortunately there is not. On the upside, it looks to me like the buyer is just fishing. Since it's only 8 bucks I would call their bluff. "I've never had an A560, but if you are not happy with the camera I sent you may return for a refund." Leave it at that. If they are scamming you out of 8 bucks at least make them work for it.

Assuming you are telling the truth, they are either replacing a broken camera or trying to rent yours.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You want a serious answer:

1. I hope you have not communicated with the buyer.

Don't do it, there is no good or nice way of resolving this that I know of.

Oh yes, believe me, I know.

2. If the buyer has already opened a case / return, go ahead and accept it.

When the package arrives, issue the refund.

3. If the buyer has not opened a case or a return, this is actually your best chance.

What you do is send this simple message to the buyer:

Dear Buyer,
I am sorry if you are unhappy with your purchase, please return for a full refund.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html
Thank you.

Seller

^ Exactly like that, don't substitute names where it says buyer / seller either, leave it like that.

If the buyer replies to your message, repeat that same above message regardless of what the buyer says to you.

As often as needed.

Then if the buyer does open a return, refer back to number 2.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply