cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer wants to return an opened item...

So I am now facting this situation,

I sold a brand new CD covered in a paper slipcase last month,

and the buyer of it just now messaged me saying that he opened it, finding out the jewel case inside is broken (and also CD insert with some printing grease), so would like to return the whole item to me and is now claiming a full refund, meanwhile insisiting not to accep any partial refund.

The point is that it is unclear that if the jewel case got damaged during shipping or it was cracked long time ago as the CD comes with a slipcase.

After opening the shrink wrap, the buyer gets disatisfied with the grease-part and broken jewel case.

But if I accept his returm, I cannot re-sell the itemat its original selling price.

Does anyone know if he has violated the return policy in this case?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The buyer has not violated anything. You sold them a broken item. Of course you can't resell it for the same amount. It is broken. That is a risk you take as a seller.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My item is shipped exactly as descriped "Brand New & Sealed without any damages on package".

He unopened it and found out there is one crack INSIDE the CD case (which can be replaced by any other jewel case), not even knowing if he intentionally creates damages on it to get a full refund.

I am wondering if my item was sold as as new and the buyer opened and used it, it still qualifies for mbg. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply