cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer blames us for package disappearing from porch after Post Office delivered.

This buyer also will not go to his delivering Post Office and file trace nor ask his neighbors. We are afraid this will esculate to negative feedback  because he wants us to refund in full or replace for free?

Any suggestions to smooth feathers or have eBay step in?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer blames us for package disappearing from porch after Post Office delivered.

@multimedea_media wrote:
You might also suggest to your buyer that they invest in a Ring.com device. It's their responsibility to have a secure location to have their mail delivered to.

I really like that device.  We live rurally right now and haven't had any real issues here.  Might be the big dogs!  LOL  But in a couple of years we are going to move closer to town and you can bet I will have one of these devices or something similar.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Re: Buyer blames us for package disappearing from porch after Post Office delivered.

@monster-deals wrote:

If you have tracking tell them to open an INR.

Call and have it closed.

Now they can't leave feedback.

Explain to them again what they need to do. They will either do it or they won't and it matters little to you.

BBL.

I wouldn't be too happy as a buyer if I found a seller encouraging me to slit my own throat.

There exist better ways to handle problems, not all buyers are naive and "greasing the slide" isn't bound to improve low sales.

A seller in this predicament can simply explain the responsibility as a seller ends once tracking shows delivery, my suggestion.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Tis the season for package thieves!

I was surprised to see UPS delivering packages in my neighborhood using a golf cart! This means the truck was parked somewhere unattended and could easily be broken into. The delivery person would drive the golf cart loaded with packages to the end of each recipients driveway and walk up with the package. Many homes have long driveways, this is just asking for trouble, as the remaining packages sit in the open golf cart easy prey for anyone to drive up with an accomplice to grab the packages and take off! It would be impossible for someone on foot and only with a golf cart to catch up to them! I don't think UPS thought this out completely!
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

DP

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I would assume that is what the BBL is for.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Buyers need to understand that once a seller ships item with tracking information provided, it is now out of the sellers hands and the carrier is responsible for getting item to final destination.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@frede6233 wrote:

Buyers need to understand that once a seller ships item with tracking information provided, it is now out of the sellers hands and the carrier is responsible for getting item to final destination.

This is an old inactive thread.  However to your point, that is not how it works on Ebay for sellers.  We may want buyers to accept what you say, but the Ebay rules for sellers speak otherwise.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I just had the same issue!!!! tracking shows delivery to address and buyer opened a case against me for a refund on item as well as shipping paid PP issued a credit to the buyer 100% said seller is away's held accounable for lost not delivered items 100% I lost 100% WHY I am not the going broke USPS but a going broke seller on E Bay

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@2dycast4 wrote:

I just had the same issue!!!! tracking shows delivery to address and buyer opened a case against me for a refund on item as well as shipping paid PP issued a credit to the buyer 100% said seller is away's held accounable for lost not delivered items 100% I lost 100% WHY I am not the going broke USPS but a going broke seller on E Bay

This is NOT true on Ebay.  If the online tracking shows delivered, if the buyer files an INR, they can't win that on Ebay.  This is one of the few protections we have here as sellers.

Possibly your buyer new that and decided to open the claim in PP.  That isn't to say that you couldn't have won the PP case too.  I leave nothing to chance when dealing with a claim in PP.  I log the tracking number onto the claim in the resolution center and I note for those reviewing the information that the online tracking shows delivered.  I will then wait a bit and call PP as I don't want to wait too long because I don't want them to close the claim before we chat.  So I talk with the CSR and I ask them to review the online tracking.  I have not lost one of these cases in Ebay or PayPal.

@2dycast4 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply