cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Shipping: Redirected to a roofing website trying to print a scan sheet?!

I printed my labels through bulk shipping today with no issues. When I tried to print a scan sheet, and selected today's sheet under "generated scam forms", I got redirected to a "Roof US Leaderboard", with a sign in pop-up that wants your phone number. The logo appears to be the same as Roof US in Atlanta. I tried about 15 times before giving up, so the post office people probably hate me today. So is this a hack/scam, or some kind of glitch?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

The Auction Professor posted it on Youtube.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I don't use PayPal to purchase labels, or for anything at all these days. I do however use an ad-blocker (Ublock) on the Firefox browser that I was having the issue with, but I didn't get around to installing it on the Chrome browser that the scan sheet worked on. Did anyone else who had the issue have an adblocker installed? I just checked, and it appears to be back up and working again.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Thanks @rabbitation84 . I've had one more eBay seller report this issue on Twitter, so that brings it to 6 eBay and 1 PayPal that I'm aware of.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I don't know @valueaddedresource. I attempted to duplicate this issue by purchasing a few labels through eBay and generating the scan form then printing/downloading it. I used Firefox since that's where others had issues, and I did pay for the labels with PayPal. I had no problems along the way. I'm a Mac user and don't know if that makes a difference here. Without being able to duplicate it, there wasn't much I could do as far as checking out source code.

@wastingtime101 someone one Twitter suggested to me Pitney Bowes may be the common denominator and this thread also suggests that too.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Bulk-Shipping-Label-Scan-Sheet-Won-t-Print...

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I posted my same issue in the technical board. Sorry, didn't see this thread first. Happening to me too. I was using Chrome and I pay for my labels via Paypal. I logged into my eBay account on Firefox and used the url to get to the scan sheets and it worked fine in Firefox. 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Update: Still broken! All of my previous scan sheets, including yesterday's that had the error, will print fine now. Today's newly created sheet gets you the roofing site. I tried on Firefox and Chrome and even removed the ad-blocker that I installed on Chrome, and no luck. eBay needs to fix this because I can't get hit with late shipping because stuff isn't getting an initial scan.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

The Auction Professor posted it on Youtube.

You'd think a "professor" could hold his phone the right way around when recording a rectangular monitor display. Gawd, that bugs me more than just about anything else: people who can't hold their phones sideways to record, when the whole world uses Landscape mode for display. 

Okay, sorry, feeling better now, thanks. Switching to decaf now... 🙄

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Check out this article:

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-scan-form-redirect-roofus/

It's showing a video of the error. Thanks for posting it @valueaddedresource.

@hawknuto12 @rabbitation84 @eburtonlab @bazookag63 velvet@ebay tyler@ebay deb@shipping 

Thanks for the tag @wastingtime101 , and the detail @valueaddedresource & everyone else who's contributed on this thread. 

I've gotten this reported and will update the thread as I hear back (if I do)!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Check out this article:

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-scan-form-redirect-roofus/

It's showing a video of the error. Thanks for posting it @valueaddedresource.

@hawknuto12 @rabbitation84 @eburtonlab @bazookag63 velvet@ebay tyler@ebay deb@shipping 

Thanks for the tag @wastingtime101 , and the detail @valueaddedresource & everyone else who's contributed on this thread. 

I've gotten this reported and will update the thread as I hear back (if I do)!

Thanks tyler@ebay !

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Hi @wastingtime101 thank you for tagging me. Confirming our teams are aware of the issue and are working to resolve as soon as possible. Will confirm once we have resolution. Apologies for any inconvenience the issue has caused.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Hey Tyler - please add my account to the list for this weird circumstance.  Thanks!  

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Can-do @myhomeschooldelights - thanks for letting me know you were impacted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@rabbitation84@valueaddedresource and everyone else:

eBay posted an announcement here.

Key talking points include, "The cause of this issue has now been identified and resolved, and we will work to ensure this issue does not happen again in the future. Please note, no customer data was compromised during this issue." and "We will protect sellers who may have been impacted by the bulk scan form issue."

Sellers will need to proactively contact CS to remove hits to their on-time shipping metrics. I'd suggest any sellers in that position provide a link to the announcement posted on the tech issues board.

Thanks tyler@ebay and deb@shipping for getting this fixed so quickly.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Thanks @wastingtime101 ! And thanks tyler@ebay & deb@shipping for getting this escalated for a resolution so quickly!

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

I posted the video in question as a YouTube short which has to be run in that direction. No need to insult or mock  things you are not aware of.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply