cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Shipping: Redirected to a roofing website trying to print a scan sheet?!

I printed my labels through bulk shipping today with no issues. When I tried to print a scan sheet, and selected today's sheet under "generated scam forms", I got redirected to a "Roof US Leaderboard", with a sign in pop-up that wants your phone number. The logo appears to be the same as Roof US in Atlanta. I tried about 15 times before giving up, so the post office people probably hate me today. So is this a hack/scam, or some kind of glitch?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

My first thoughts are that you either clicked on an ad by mistake, or there's malware on your system @rabbitation84.

I'm sure @eburtonlab will have a more comprehensive answer for you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I am a getting the same redirected to a "Roof US Leaderboard", with a sign in pop-up.

Never seen that one before, even though I have recently found the scan from function to be quirky.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I had to call eBay anyway, so I figured I'd report it. After half an hour of going in circles, giving them every detail, and realizing the person still didn't know what a scan sheet was, I said "thanks for your time" and hung up. It was painful. I guess we are on our own from now on...

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

We now have 2 different sellers reporting this same issue. Have you seen other reports about this deb@shipping or velvet@ebay?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

What browser are you using?

Do you get the same redirection using a different browser? Might be worth trying to print out that scan sheet using a different browser or a different computer or device.

A search of that name does not turn up much in the way of redirection complaints, so it does not appear to be a widespread issue at the moment.

Malware or adware of one sort or another might explain such a redirection, so a scan of your system might be in order. If nothing turns up, a browser hijack might explain things -- certain browsers are vulnerable to being hijacked by code on a page or in an ad.

Is this the link you are using?

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk/scan-forms

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

I had the exact same thing happen to me as well.  I did try different browsers and a different machine altogether and got the same. I hope that gets corrected soon.  The scan form has been sketchy for the past week trying to print.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Check out this article:

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-scan-form-redirect-roofus/

It's showing a video of the error. Thanks for posting it @valueaddedresource.

@hawknuto12 @rabbitation84 @eburtonlab @bazookag63 velvet@ebay tyler@ebay deb@shipping 

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for finding that! So we're not crazy after all. I did just re-try it on Firefox and got the same error. Then I tried it on Chrome, and that didn't have the error, so I should be able to use that temporarily until they fix the glitch.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

No, not crazy. Such a strange one!

I expect we'll see more reports through tonight and tomorrow morning as people work on tomorrow's shipments.

Nice that you were able to get the scan sheet through Chrome.

I'd suggest to anybody else that sees this and hasn't purchased tomorrow's shipping labels yet: consider purchasing them elsewhere (like pirateship.com) until eBay gets the scan sheet issue fixed.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Check out this article:

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-scan-form-redirect-roofus/

It's showing a video of the error. Thanks for posting it @valueaddedresource.

@hawknuto12 @rabbitation84 @eburtonlab @bazookag63 velvet@ebay tyler@ebay deb@shipping 

Thanks for the tag @wastingtime101 ! With the 3 sellers reporting here that brings it to 5 total that I've seen so far. This is definitely an odd one, hopefully the blues can shed some light on it.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Yeah, I'm thinking it's either the byproduct of an evil ad that the eBay filters didn't catch (browser hijack that eburtonlab mentioned above), or some coder's warped idea of humor @valueaddedresource😂

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@rabbitation84  @hawknuto12  @bazookag63  - do you use PayPal to pay for your shipping labels?

I've had a report from someone who is not an eBay seller but they do have a small business and use PayPal to print their shipping labels.

They said - I am not an eBay seller, but I use PayPal for my home business as well as PayPal Shipping. I, too, was directed to RoofUS when I tried to print labels for my bulk order shipment. Every time I selected "Print these labels," I was redirected to the RoofUS site, which prompted me to "Enter your phone to sign in or create an account." It also said, "By signing up, you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy." There was no link to either their terms of service or their privacy policy.

Makes me think the malicious ad/browser hijacking theory is correct and maybe that ad is something coming from PayPal, but I'm not entirely sure what part PayPal might play in the eBay side of the label purchase/scan form printing process.

Or it could possibly be some other part of the process that is common to both eBay and PayPal.  @eburtonlab  @wastingtime101 - any ideas?

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

I don't know @valueaddedresource. I attempted to duplicate this issue by purchasing a few labels through eBay and generating the scan form then printing/downloading it. I used Firefox since that's where others had issues, and I did pay for the labels with PayPal. I had no problems along the way. I'm a Mac user and don't know if that makes a difference here. Without being able to duplicate it, there wasn't much I could do as far as checking out source code.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

I also use an ad blocker so that might have impacted my results. I didn't think to turn it off before testing the process.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 34
latest reply