cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to bulk print mailing addresses only, no postage.

I'm exploring a different business model where I would ship using the First Class stamp only, no tracking.  I'm fully aware of losing buyer protection, getting scammed with buyers saying they didn't receive their purchase.  I have another account I'm considering using so I don't lose my TRS+, but I'll decide that when/if the time comes.  

Let's say I sell 100 items today, I use a Dymo thermal printer.  What is the best way to bulk print the 100 buyers address from eBay?  Canthis be done natively thru eBay or is there a 3rd party utility that interfaces with eBay that I can do this?  

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best way to bulk print mailing addresses only, no postage.

Some versions (maybe older versions) of the Orders page have a link under "Other Actions" that allows you to download a CSV file for your orders ... I know eBay removed that capability in some versions of the orders page beginning about 18 months ago, but they are planning to reinstate it at some point.  If that link doesn't exist, you can create a download request from this old eBay page of your unshipped items into a CSV file.

Once you have that file, you can then use the Mailings feature (mail-merge) in Microsoft Word document (or its equivalent) in order to print out mailing lists from a database.

(We use these files to print out custom packing slips).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Some versions (maybe older versions) of the Orders page have a link under "Other Actions" that allows you to download a CSV file for your orders ... I know eBay removed that capability in some versions of the orders page beginning about 18 months ago, but they are planning to reinstate it at some point.  If that link doesn't exist, you can create a download request from this old eBay page of your unshipped items into a CSV file.

Once you have that file, you can then use the Mailings feature (mail-merge) in Microsoft Word document (or its equivalent) in order to print out mailing lists from a database.

(We use these files to print out custom packing slips).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@orangehound, thanks for the quick response and providing my solution. I had to chuckle, after I went to the File Exchange page you linked, I shook my head and said "I knew this". I guess age is getting to me. I spent quite a few hours google searching how to do this and using 3rd party providers prior to posting here. Greatly appreciate you help!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Rather than a separate address label and a postage stamp.  Some third party postage providers, like stamps.com will import directly from ebay and print a FC letter rate postage shipping label, similar to a FC package label without the tracking. Will even print directly on a standard #10 envelope.  Plus the postage is discounted from the cost of buying stamps at the post office (50cents rather than 55cents for 1oz). 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply