cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return address is overseas

lutherwmitchell
Adventurer

I ordered a pair of shoes from a seller. It came from an Amazon Depot in Maryland. I opened a return to ship them back since the wrong item was sent to me but the return label is in India. What do I do? I'm not shipping these back to India. I'll never see my money. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay won't put in for you to get the refund unless you return the shoes. If ebay sent you return label then they required them to be sent back to the seller's address even if they used amazon for the shipping site/
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm not shipping these back to India. I'll never see my money.

Please.......elaborate. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@lutherwmitchell wrote:

I ordered a pair of shoes from a seller. It came from an Amazon Depot in Maryland. I opened a return to ship them back since the wrong item was sent to me but the return label is in India. What do I do? I'm not shipping these back to India. I'll never see my money. 

The return label should be prepaid by the seller (or, in some cases, by eBay). Who's asking you to pay for the return shipping?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I didn't state that I had to pay for shipping. The return label that was provided goes back to India. That's the label they provided me. I purchased from a us listing where I guess the seller drop shipped, they sent me a return label...to ship back to India. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Did you specifically open an Item Not as Described dispute?  If so, the seller pays for the return, so use the supplied label.  Have it scanned accepted at the post office, and do so before the deadline.

However, if you open the wrong kind of dispute, make sure you are not paying for the return label.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

>>I didn't state that I had to pay for shipping. The return label that was provided goes back to India. That's the label
>>they provided me. I purchased from a us listing where I guess the seller drop shipped, they sent me a return
>>label...to ship back to India.

IF it were a remorse return, which it sounds like this is not, the seller would be required to provide you a return address in the USA. eBay has however decided that that address can be on the opposite coast from the listing location, which can cost the buyer significantly more than they planned on (intentionally buy and expensive to ship item from a nearby seller, but return is effectively blocked by seller providing a return address on the opposite coast that costs $50, $100 or more extra to return). I disagree with that policy but it is what it is.

Anyway, that is not applicable here.

In a not as described return (SNAD) scenario, seller is responsible for return shipping - and from what you say, seller has provided a label.

You have no worries.

Since the seller paid for the label, eBay holds them responsible for the return. If you print the label, stick it on the pkg, drop it off at the PO, and it gets a scan at some point, you are golden. If it falls off the face of the earth an hour after you drop it off (and is scanned into the system), you will still get your refund.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply