cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 days gone money is gone seller stole the money ebay automatic system is wrecked!

I have purchased an item from a seller on ebay from China she/he used a nasty tactic of putting the arrival date of over 60 days without me being noticed that I cannot leave feedback after that, he sent me several messages just to keep me on the boil and make sure the 60 days threshold passes! He dragged me all way this 60 days to be patient until I was unable to leave feedback for him/her and now the seller doesn't reply my inquiry to refund my money either! I sent a complaint to ebay cusotumer service BUT I want to leave a NEGATIVE feedback for this fraud . Lord know to how many people this thieve has done this to. 

The funnienst thing on top of that is when I chose the option that "my item has not arrived", ebay tells me automaticaly that the item is  "IN TRANSIT" and I should wait until the estimated date which is already SURPASSED!! I cannot beleive this , does ebay even check its own system how much trouble it  puts its users in?!!! How can such users continue stealing peoples money?!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: 60 days gone money is gone seller stole the money ebay automatic system is wrecked!

feedback may be meaningless for this seller. If they have some already, 1 more won't matter.

What is meaningful is to get a refund.

Is it past the estimated delivery date?

If it is not more than 30 days past the estimated delivery date you can go to the resolution center( bottom of any page), and choose did not rec. item.

If over 30 days, and you used PayPal, go there to choose INR

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: 60 days gone money is gone seller stole the money ebay automatic system is wrecked!

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

feedback may be meaningless for this seller. If they have some already, 1 more won't matter.

If it is not more than 30 days past the estimated delivery date you can go to the resolution center( bottom of any page), and choose did not rec. item.

did you bother to read what she has told us?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

ebay said it is in transit,did you see a tracking number?

you need to call Ebay .

or file with Paypal or your credit card issuer

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Very sorry you had this experience but this is not uncommon when you buy from China.

Never let a seller string you out past Ebay deadlines, 30 days to open a case, 60 days for feedback.

Always thoroughly vet the listing and the seller~actually read the seller's feedback comments as they may show a pattern that will tell you it is not a good decision to buy from them.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

There is no 60 day threshold. You have 30 days from the latest delivery estimate to file an item not received case with eBay. Delivery dates can be as far out as 60 days, some times longer. You should never let a seller string you a long past the deadline to file a case. If you paid with PayPal you have 180 days from the date of payment to file with them. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I am not sure where the theft or fraud is...the item shows in transit. So the seller obviously sent it. They did not steal your money.
International items are subject to additional delays beyond postal estimated delivery dates as many have to pass through Customs check points, sometimes more than one...and sometimes they sit in Customs for a bit.

You also do not speak about people in the manner you are. You have made accusations you cannot prove and some that just do not fit with the attacks.
And you ignore the item was sent and in transit....and if this post is any indication of how you speak if I were the seller I would also stop responding.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

If you are not sure where the fraud and doesn't know exactly what happoened during these 60 days  please do not leave comments and accuse users and please watch your language! I put the ebayers ID but it is removed. The user unfortunately had some NEG feednacks on this issue but I ignored it comparingly to his/her other feedbacks.  You will get furious if someone gets your money and doens't respond.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@agent006140 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

did you bother to read what she has told us?

Yes I did !!!!

Mostly  a rant about not being able to leave feedback,as if feedback is the cure all for any problem.

maybe I should have suggested that they try PayPal if it is beyond 30 days after the estimated delivery.   Oh wait...................I did.  Maybe someone else should suggest that.   Oh wait............ 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

JUst to give an update, the ebay has contacted me and wrote that the tracking number provided by the Chineese seller was FAKE! Can yo uimagine that!? I was tracking my purchased item on a totaly legit website that turned out to be fake! I was the victim of this fraud but I hope it will be agood lesson for others. Thanks for taking your time.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I've had the time also with foreign sellers I leave my feedback before the 60 days then when it still doesn't arrive I file a claim
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

"nasty tactic of putting the arrival date of over 60 days"

That's you're FIRST red flag that the seller doesn't have possession of the item, and is most likely not in the same country. You purchased the item after seeing that estimated deliver date, and now you're going to blame the seller because you did not receive it BEFORE that estimated deliver date. If it has not been 30 days from that ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE, open an INR.
If it IS 30 Days PAST that ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE, you "allowed" the seller to string you along and that is not eBay's fault. Ebay can only protect your from your poor purchasing decisions, or a seller's unsavory tactics (usually these go hand-in-hand), for a certain period of time (30 days, to be exact), it's not a lifetime guarantee.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@shoptrax
"JUst to give an update, the ebay has contacted me and wrote that the tracking number provided by the Chineese seller was FAKE! "

Most of us could have told you that was going to happen because we already know that Chinese sellers with really long handling times are not legitimate sellers. Time you learn that, too. That's WHY we are here, answering your rant. You're not wrong for thinking the seller's a scam, but you are not correct by getting mad at anyone here for telling you why you were scammed. I would want to know if I was getting scammed and it was something that I could have prevented myself. Not easy to hear, but it's not false information we are giving you.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.
Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply