cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak product research. You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try ag

When I click on Terapeak product research link I get an error message "You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try again tomorrow."  I have never gotten this before and I can not find anyway around it.  I have reset everything and still get the message.  Any Ideas out there?

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Terapeak product research. You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please tr

I'm not sure that is the reason they are doing it. When Terapeak was its own company they told me they did it because some users were running too many searches and the server couldn't handle it.

Message 31 of 59
latest reply

Re: Terapeak product research. You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please tr

@glasser wrote:

velvet@ebay  Not me read this thread people being kicked off because exceeding daily limit

Thanks for clarifying @glasser. I did a little more research and it appears there is a daily search limit. Terapeak will only allow 250 queries/day. Each search is basically a query and each filter addition, date range change, and keyword addition, trigger a new search. It sounds like you and others would like this to be unlimited and I do appreciate the feedback. In the meantime, I hope it helps to know an exact number.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 32 of 59
latest reply

Thanks for the update velvet@ebay appreciated. Maybe need to make this a bit clearer in the info on Terapeak

Message 33 of 59
latest reply

We use this tool for everything we list. When we are buying inventory we use this tool.  We buy a ton of odd ball industrial equipment and when terapeak was a separate service we used and paid for the 3 year search data option and now since ebay bought the service there is only 1 year of sales data. Since we deal in rare equipment this really hindered our ability to buy and sell confidently on ebay. Now this? I would prefer if terapeak was a subscription service and had more historical data because this 250 cutoff is not cutting it and the removal of the additional data a couple years ago really hurt us.

Message 34 of 59
latest reply

Is anyone aware of another alternative to terapeak other than worth point that is not only for antiques? I was a subscriber to terapeak before ebay bought it and chopped its legs off. I was at one time able to get 3 years worth of research and sales data. I paid a lot for that subscription and it enabled me to really reach maximum value in everything we were selling. Now ebay limiting the terapeak search data makes it very difficult for us to get inventory data in order to make sound purchase and listing decisions. I would love if I could find another more in-depth search tool and I am willing to pay. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Message 35 of 59
latest reply

I just got off the phone with ebay on this and they suggested I contact Terapeak directly at support@terapeak.com.  I have little expectation of getting a reply but would recommend anyone having this issue to report it to them.   

Sellers still have to pay more for a subscription that includes Terapeak  so it seems completely unreasonable that they can restrict legitimate use. 

Message 36 of 59
latest reply

Thank you so much for replying.  This is a real problem especially as a blanket policy for all levels of sellers.  Since every search or filter creates a query, the 250 search limit is effectively more like 100.  I list more than 100 items a day.  I can't blindly put a price.  This has killed my production.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

At LEAST there should be a paid option to get more.  I would glady pay for it.  I just HAVE to be able to research products to list at the correct price.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Message 37 of 59
latest reply

250 searches just doesn't cut it for a seller who does decent volume and needs to research a variety of products daily. This may be fine for personal use but not sure what they are thinking not offering some kind of paid options for business users. Does ebay not want larger businesses using their site to sell items? I mean it's a feature in the "seller hub" not the casual buyer hub.

Message 38 of 59
latest reply

I installed VPN software and cleared all by browser cookies/caches and then was able to get around this. However, this is a real headache to do when you have five staff members working on price/listing. To have to go through this process each time is very time-consuming. Plus, you get the 'verify your login' for all your web logins again with the email pin code/google authenticator, etc since it's a new unknown IP.

It might be worth dedicating a particular browser/VPN combination just for those Terapeak searches; that way it is not necessary to clear your cache and cookies in your primary browser and sign back into multiple different accounts. Then just use the dedicated browser for Terapeak research. When you hit the 250 search limit, you can clear cache and cookies in the dedicated browser, change the VPN settings as needed, sign in to eBay/verify and continue, and your primary browser is unaffected. Still a hassle, but less so than being stuck with only 250 searches or having to restart your primary browser and sign back in to multiple other accounts as well.

Message 39 of 59
latest reply

I have just encountered this issue.  I have called eBay twice, and neither person was aware of this issue.  I even offered to pay an additional fee for this service, which I don't feel that it should be required at a certain level of sales.  We try to list over 50 items a day. Now we are at a standstill.  Is there no other option?  Can we keep calling eBay to complain? Is there another level of tech support?  This should not just go on a community board, this is an issue with sellers such as we are. 

Message 40 of 59
latest reply

It is a real issue.  There is really no other option.  If it is a somewhat popular items you sell, you may be able to do a completed listing search using advanced search but I think that only goes back 2 months.

There is a work around, but it is quite complicated and requires a VPN, multiple eBay accounts, etc.  This is crazy that eBay will  make some of their high volumes sellers go to these measures just to do their job.

The simple fact is...  High volumes sellers rely on Terapeak to run their business.  For me, it is like eBay telling me I can work for 2 hours a day then I am done.  Crazy.

The worst part is, like in my first comment in this thread said, it was probably some idiot in a cubicle that stupidly said, "let's turn on the Terapeak limit" without even thinking of the consequences. 

Yes, I am angry as you can tell.  Never before have I been angry like this.  I have always rolled with the punches anytime eBay made a change.  But this is change is just unacceptable and is affecting my business which in turn affects my family.  And you don't mess with this Mama Bear's family!!!!

~Ginger

Message 41 of 59
latest reply

Well, reading the thread, it is an issue with everyone. You are obviously larger than I, I have 3 full time employees and have just hired 2 more, when this hits,  We want to expand, we rely on Terapeak.  There must be a way to contact higher up's in eBay.  I have never had a voice, like you I have rolled with the punches, but now its affecting my ability to work.  Is there any other way to get eBay's attention?

Message 42 of 59
latest reply

Hello all! I passed this additional insight on, that you would like the ability to run more searches. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 43 of 59
latest reply

Hello,  This is not a true statement.  We have at MAX done 100 searches even with the filters.  This is not sellers problem... you need to fix this!!  you are taking sales away from us. 

Message 44 of 59
latest reply

Thank You!  It is appreciated

Message 45 of 59
latest reply