cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak product research. You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try ag

When I click on Terapeak product research link I get an error message "You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try again tomorrow."  I have never gotten this before and I can not find anyway around it.  I have reset everything and still get the message.  Any Ideas out there?

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Terapeak product research. You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please tr

There is a workaround that I found...  You have to both change your computer's IP address AND delete all of eBay's cookies from your computer.  Just changing the IP address won't work.  Changing to a different eBay account won't work either since they do block you by your IP address.

There are some free VPN's you can try out.  They will allow you to change your public facing IP addresses (when you get blocked).  Just make sure to delete all your eBay cookies in your browser, shut down the browser, change IP addresses, then start the browser again.  Worked for me.  

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

Re: Terapeak product research. You've exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please tr

Have you confirmed this?  I have tried on several devices and get the error on all and each have a different IP.

UPDATE: Thanks just saw your reply

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

You are a life saver!  Thanks so much for the workaround.

Funny thing is that I contacted eBay every day  and each time they tell me that it is a technical issue that will be fixed.  It sure doesn't seem that way to me.  I think someone at Terapeak turned on the 250 queries a day limit.

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

gingerandjay  Yes, this works for me.  Just to be clear, I do not mean the IP addresses of your computers on your LAN, internal network, I mean the external IP that your ISP sets for you.   That's the one that servers on the Internet see and it has to change so that eBay stops blocking you.  A VPN will allow you to change that IP address.

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

This helps me a ton!  Thanks so much!  It worked for me doing this if I also switched to my second account  (though I probably need to switch between 4 accounts to get through a day). Are you getting it to work without switching accounts? 

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

I finally got an answer.  eBay in its infinite wisdom has restricted TeraPeak usage to 250 searches per day.  

From eBay:

"I'm Victoria with eBay Concierge and am more than happy to lend a helping hand.

Terapeak will only allow 250 queries/day. Each search is a query. And each filter addition, date range change, and keyword addition, trigger a new search."

I previously was using the eBay Trading API for findCompleteItems to help determine pricing; eBay deprecated that API on 10/15/2020 with very little notice. The only tool left available is TeraPeak and now they are restricting this?  Absolutely unacceptable.  Everyone should contact eBay to complain.

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

@computeroverhauls that's crazy. Is this because terrapeak is now more widely availlable ( was for seller hub subscribers before). Doesn't eBay own terrapeak?

Not sure if this would work but you can redirect your web traffic through a service like cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or Google's 8.8.8.8  DNS secuirty for free. Also, would using private or incognito mode work?

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

So I went to the Terapeak section in eBay help Terapeak | eBay and there is no mention of a cap on searches. Seems like a new unannounced policy

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay 

???

Message 23 of 59
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

So I went to the Terapeak section in eBay help Terapeak | eBay and there is no mention of a cap on searches. Seems like a new unannounced policy

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay 

???

We're not aware of a search cap on Terapeak either @glasser. Will you give us a little more info about what you're running into? Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 24 of 59
latest reply

velvet@ebay  Not me read this thread people being kicked off because exceeding daily limit

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

I used to use Terapeak years ago and my IP used to get blocked by the site some days when I did a lot of searches. Back then it was not owned by Ebay or directly integrated into ebays site. It was a paid service, fairly expensive if I recall, and I got the tech support to whitelist my IP so this error wouldn't happen.

These days, it doesn't seem there is actually a way to talk to the people who run Terapeak. Ebay support is pretty clueless about it.

I suspect it's still a fairly separate entity despite being bought out. If ebay's engineers were responsible for it, it would crash on a regular basis.

Message 26 of 59
latest reply

I installed VPN software and cleared all by browser cookies/caches and then was able to get around this. However, this is a real headache to do when you have five staff members working on price/listing.  To have to go through this process each time is very time-consuming.  Plus, you get the 'verify your login' for all your web logins again with the email pin code/google authenticator, etc since it's a new unknown IP.  

Plus, the kicker is you can't even rely on the 'Sold Item' view in the regular eBay search results either.  I started seeing my own listings that ended six months ago show up as "Sold 2 days Ago" in the eBay "sold item" search view.  I realized this is because we use out-of-stock option when creating listings.  When the listing goes to quantity zero it remains 'live' for six months.  Afterwhich, it shows up as 'ended/sold'.  This results in items looking like they sold recently when in fact they sold six months ago.  When it comes to electronics the price drop significantly in six months and there is no way to tell which listings have this issue unless they are your own listing.  Most business sellers are using this listing method which results in the in 'sold item' view being totally useless as a reference for pricing. 

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

Continued from the above comment....Here you can see in the 'Sold Item' view my listing shows as 'Sold May 5th, 2021'. I only has one of this item and knew it sold months ago. Sure enough, when I open the listing I can confirm this was actually sold about six months prior on Oct 20th, 2020.  

2021-05-14 11_33_49-_Dji mavic 2 zoom_ in Camera Drones _ eBay.jpg2021-05-14 11_34_13-DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, L1Z, RC1B Remote, Charger, 2x Batteries, Latest Firmware. NICE.jpg

Message 28 of 59
latest reply

I sometimes think eBay bought Terapeak so they could slowly throttle it to death.

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

Happened to me for first time today.  Very annoying and I've looked up far more than this in a day. This is a simple fix.  Their Firewall team has a rule that currently says, deny all new requests to x IP from y IP (you) after z amount of attempts to reach.   They use that to stop DOS attacks.   But this is a database query and not ICMP or DNS so they can put a rule to allow that type of query to the ports of the terapeak load balancer.  Very freaking simple.   Other companies would have fixed this immediately.  

Message 30 of 59
latest reply