cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wouldn't It Be Nice If Some Discussions Were Not Moved So Quickly?

There are currently 10 discussions that have been moved on the first page.

There may be better places for them but there are highly qualified peeps here that can help.

The folks who posted them thought this was the correct place for them.

Also noted that some discussions just disappear.

What's up?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If Some Discussions Were Not Moved So Quickly?

sheila@ebay- I'd like to start a discussion on the Selling board about the new Unified Listing Form that impacts all sellers. Can you please review my post #10 above for details? If I take the time involved to create a post complete with screenshots- for those that don't yet have the ability to view/test the listing form- can my post please remain on the Selling board?

If feels ridiculous that I feel like I have to ask permission like a kid in school- but if I spend all that time making screenshots and a detailed review of how the form works and what doesn't work then I don't want to see that post moved to the dead Tools/Apps board which is meant for services like File Exchange- not the general listing form.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, the interface on this board is weak. The homepage should show the discussions by category they are listed in (shipping and returns for example) and then the top 5 or so discussions in the category. My guess is eBay has done little or no UX on these boards. That's partially clear form the number of people who use member-to-member support and then many people can't respond.

Overall, there should be deep and easy visibility into discussions underway, Maybe there would not be so many discussions covering well covered topics. Important discussions would be dynamic and last a long time as people might see them and also come back and update.

These boards need a total revamp for UX and performance--slow loading and often error messages.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

Yeah, the interface on this board is weak. The homepage should show the discussions by category they are listed in (shipping and returns for example) and then the top 5 or so discussions in the category. My guess is eBay has done little or no UX on these boards. That's partially clear form the number of people who use member-to-member support and then many people can't respond.

Overall, there should be deep and easy visibility into discussions underway, Maybe there would not be so many discussions covering well covered topics. Important discussions would be dynamic and last a long time as people might see them and also come back and update.

These boards need a total revamp for UX and performance--slow loading and often error messages.

@glasser   I agree that the board format/layout needs work.

So many Op's end up on the M2M board because they select "ask the community"  from the bottom of a help/ policy page.  With CS being even more difficult to reach than ever we are seeing more traffic.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Selling

About this Board

• Are you ready to start selling or looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and get tips from peers and eBay staff.

By that definition there's almost nothing on the Selling board that "should" be on the selling board. That purpose may have been the initial intent but the board has become the place for sellers to discuss what affects them as sellers. If something is unrelated to selling, maybe it should get moved. If it's related, I see no harm in leaving it and would prefer posts to be left where the poster decides they have the best chance for a reply.

You say if other posters would visit other boards it would help....they don't. Many of the other boards get little activity and moving posts there won't change that. If a moderator thinks a post may get more or better responses on another board....why not suggest that, rather than just moving it.

Your opinion is different than mine. I prefer less moderation. 

VintageCarMagazines

Message 19 of 19
latest reply