cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my post marked as spam?

Maybe I really don't belong on eBay. This is confusing. I posted my first post regarding a bad experience I am having on a return with a seller. No profanity, nothing even unkind. Just wanted to share and get some advice. When I went to look at the post seconds later, it wasn't listed in the Returns group, I arrowed back until I found it again - it said "Marked as Spam" at the top, and offered: if this is not correct, click here - which sent me to a "Report Abuse" page. I asked this question there and submitted to moderator - I suppose that was a mistake too and now I'll be banned forever. I'm a newbie. Hardly buy or sell on eBay. What did I do wrong on the post to get it "marked as spam"?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why was my post marked as spam?

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @prima63

Sorry to hear that your post got caught in our spam filters. We do have them in place to prevent spam attacks. We'll review our filters to see what improvements we can make. 

I see you started another thread, so it looks like you're now getting the advice you need? 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @prima63

Sorry to hear that your post got caught in our spam filters. We do have them in place to prevent spam attacks. We'll review our filters to see what improvements we can make. 

I see you started another thread, so it looks like you're now getting the advice you need? 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much Alan. Oddly enough, when I clicked on the link to report as not Spam, whomever got took it off as spam. And I got some replies from some wonderful, very helpful people. Restored my faith in the super great people of eBay. All is well.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just had a comment marked as spam too by someone. 😞
And I can’t find link where to report possible abuse of report system.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Report the problem with ebay resolution center for a return. Many times ebay will cover the cost of the return and send you a return label. Item not as described for the resolution and take pics and add to the reason why it's not as returned. If you are denied you can fight it and have the case re-opened for evaluation.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

lol who knows

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

dont know but was it the one about a certain seller, pretty much, stole your money, and removed item for sale? and never returned my money? if that the one, you cant use sellers name, which u could lot of bad sellers here on ebay, but most part had great experiences with seller,,, one sell blocked me or somthing bc now I cant purchase anymore for her/him, figure she wanted to keep 100 percent positve, feedback, and had to remove me bc I didnt give her a one of them
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

came here because I care, because I believe eBay can be a great platform, sharing some thoughts for improvement and it gets marked as spam.. Unbelievable and ironic as well. Trying to stay positive, but this mess of a website surprises me every day..

Message 8 of 8
latest reply