YouTube

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Testing Integrated Videos

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @coffeebean832, sorry for the delay in this. We will soon be posting the eBay for Business vids from vimeo links, so this should make them more viewer friendly.

@coffeebean832 wrote:

YouTube

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

[video]

Vimeo

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Can't integrate a FB video

facebookvideo.jpg

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

doug@ebay

Recap:

• I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Mac
  • Cleared cache/cookies/history, rebooted, etc
  • Disabled ad blocker (which I only added a couple of weeks ago)
  • Changed a handful of preferences to see if one was a trigger
  • No problems viewing videos on other sites. No problems viewing videos direct from FB page. No problems viewing Community integrated videos from other platforms.
  • No problems viewing Community integrated video from FB with Chrome or Safari
  • I see a big blank space where the video should be.

This is specific to FaceBook videos integrated to the Community page with Firefox on Mac

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

firefox.jpg

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@coffeebean832 good video choices!

I'll keep looking into this.

@coffeebean832 wrote:

YouTube

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Any update doug@ebay?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@coffeebean832, still not sure why you're not able to see the Facebook embedded vids. You're the only member we've heard from on this issue. 

Short of asking you to use a different browser, this is going to be a challenge to solve. The broadcast is intended to be a live feed from Facebook, so we use the embed code from Facebook. You could watch on the Facebook eBay for Business page and get the benefit of seeing Facebook comments and questions as they come through. 

We post to YouTube after so could get the YouTube embed code after the fact and update the post, but then you wouldn't be seeing the video live. 

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Any update doug@ebay?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832, still not sure why you're not able to see the Facebook embedded vids. You're the only member we've heard from on this issue. 

@go-bad-chicken- are you still having problems viewing the embedded facebook videos with firefox? Click on some of the recent weekly chats and see if you have visibility to the video in the lead post- any chat except Oct 3rd which doesn't have a video.

doug@ebay wrote:

Short of asking you to use a different browser, this is going to be a challenge to solve. The broadcast is intended to be a live feed from Facebook, so we use the embed code from Facebook. You could watch on the Facebook eBay for Business page and get the benefit of seeing Facebook comments and questions as they come through.

For security reasons I don't have a facebook account. I would be happy to watch them on the facebook page, but that can't be done without 1) logging in to facebook or if you don't want to log in then 2) a direct link to the facebook page with the video is needed. I mentioned this when I first brought up the problem in the chat session and asked that the direct facebook link be posted along with the embedded video.

doug@ebay wrote:

We post to YouTube after so could get the YouTube embed code after the fact and update the post, but then you wouldn't be seeing the video live.

doug@ebay- do you mind sharing a link to the youtube page where these videos are uploaded? I don't see them on eBay's youtube page.

The Chrome browser really makes my computer sluggish so I would prefer not to use it for videos.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I don't like that all the pieces of quotes disappeared from my post. It throws everything out of context since I wrote 3 replies to 3 separate parts of the quote. Please click to see full quote to understand what I mean.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Doug, are you able to share the youtube page?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Ah, @coffeebean832 I was mistaken. We do not post the vids to YouTube after, but we're considering it. We are also looking into a long-term solution that should address the issue, hopefully within the next couple of weeks (and videos).

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Doug, are you able to share the youtube page?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @coffeebean832, sorry for the delay in this. We will soon be posting the eBay for Business vids from vimeo links, so this should make them more viewer friendly.

@coffeebean832 wrote:

YouTube

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Testing Vimeo

Message 14 of 14
latest reply