cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Voices?

I just noticed a new area in the community called Voices.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Voices/ct-p/seller-voices

It looks like they are piloting the program with the Collectibles category to build a section specifically for sellers to provide insights to appropriate teams.

This looks like it could be a great addition to the community!

Thanks brian_burke@ebay  tyler@ebay  rebecca@ebay sheila@ebay and the rest of the @community_team - I'm excited to see where this goes. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Seller Voices?

@dhbookds wrote:

Thanks @valueaddedresource you saved me from trying to explain.........but I'm just not sure why it had to be explained........isn't there SOMEONE in charge (and I don't mean Tyler, I doubt he came up with this .....).    Shelia, I appreciate you're trying to help and realize you are in the middle, with us complaining.......about something you aren't responsible for. 

This forum is for Collectibles sellers to share category-specific ideas for improvement with the Collectibles Category Manager. All sellers are able to ‘like’ other sellers’ posts, but only Voices Sellers are able to post. On a monthly basis, the Category Manager will respond to the most popular ideas–so be sure to ‘like’ posts that resonate with you!

And now you (Shelia) stated there was supposed to be a new topic uploaded?  Was there a topic on the first iteration?  No support, no participation from ebay........frankly, I'd call it dead.  Whatever enthusiasm that was generated in the beginning is bound to be gone by now..........

No problem @dhbookds  - you returned the favor by saving me from having to explain why the total lack of accountability for this initiative is completely unacceptable. 😉

The fact that apparently the mechanism for the promised participation to actually occur hasn't even been set up yet....well there are a lot of words I could say about that, but none of them would be appropriate for this forum.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

@valueaddedresource wrote:

sheila@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

sheila@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource I'll follow up with the team that's managing this and get a status. I'll try to have an answer next week. I'm not sure if something has changed with this program, though it hasn't been 90 days yet

sheila@ebay thank you but my understanding based on what was posted in that section was the pilot would be running for 90 days but "On a monthly basis, the Category Manager will respond to the most popular ideas"

Also, as @dhbookds pointed out, in the seller check in yesterday we were told that Steve Halupka Senior Category Manager, Collectibles was going to stop by today to answer questions there - is that not going to happen?

@valueaddedresource I just asked Tyler about this and he said that Steve was going to pop in during the Checkin to answer questions. Both Tyler and I didn't have a chance to go the CheckIn last week. Was Steve not there?

Today I found out that a new topic was supposed to go live on Friday, but something is wrong with the posting ID. Give me a little time to find what's going on. 

sheila@ebay  Steve was on the Check In - at one point in his part of the presentation he mentioned the Voices program for collectibles, had a slide up on the screen showing a link back to the Voices:Collectibles area in the community and said "I'll actually be responding tomorrow and looking forward to responding to some of the suggestions that are in there."

That's what @dhbookds was talking about - there was a specific call out in the check in that said Steve was going to participate in the Voices posts on Friday, and that didn't happen.

tyler@ebay  - tagging you in as well just for reference.

sheila@ebay  tyler@ebay  now that the Seller Check In video is out, here's a time stamped link so you can see exactly what we are referring to.

https://youtu.be/yM8qUrBQ2G4?t=4774

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

Thanks @valueaddedresource!

It sounds like things aligned with what sheila@ebay said. There was an issue getting Steve up and running on Friday, and he's since replied to several posts on the Voices board (link here).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

tyler@ebay wrote:

Thanks @valueaddedresource!

It sounds like things aligned with what sheila@ebay said. There was an issue getting Steve up and running on Friday, and he's since replied to several posts on the Voices board (link here).

Thanks tyler@ebay  and sheila@ebay for getting everything up and running and welcome to the community steve@collectibles !

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

Thanks, tyler@ebay  and sheila@ebay   Your efforts did pay off!........but kind of makes me wonder  again about the 30 day review that was supposed to be done, at least according to the info on the board.

When Ebay or any of us make a commitment to do something, to me, it's important to follow thru especially when others make an effort to participate in something.......  Failure to do so discourages those who have put out efforts/looked forward to the interplay of ideas.  Even if one can't carry thru with the commitment there should be some kind of notification about a delay. 

This was a test, as was said up front.........I don't know how it scored in Ebay's eyes.......but didn't score well to me.....which matters little.

At the same time........in one of Steve's answers, references the problem in defining condition in collectibles......and many of have wondered why the New Old Stock wasn't a choice, as it is in Motors.  It would cover alot of things that were sold years ago but are still in the original packaging......which don't really classify as "new" in age. 

No place to make that comment.....so I'd just thought I'd throw it in here...........

Message 35 of 35
latest reply