cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Voices?

I just noticed a new area in the community called Voices.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Voices/ct-p/seller-voices

It looks like they are piloting the program with the Collectibles category to build a section specifically for sellers to provide insights to appropriate teams.

This looks like it could be a great addition to the community!

Thanks brian_burke@ebay  tyler@ebay  rebecca@ebay sheila@ebay and the rest of the @community_team - I'm excited to see where this goes. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Seller Voices?

interesting.....tho no information, lol

There used to be a group called Voices that were ebay chosen sellers that were flown to San Jose a couple of times a year to give advice.  They were sworn to secrecy.....and couldn't discuss anything publicly. 

Curious......how did you find the group?  I couldn't find it under groups........

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

Just noticed that when you try to post, you are asked to choose a "board"...seems odd, if this is actually a board itself........

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

Interesting, but looks like it'll be wait and see  time again. Maybe they'll share some details at ebay Open?

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

@dhbookds wrote:

interesting.....tho no information, lol

There used to be a group called Voices that were ebay chosen sellers that were flown to San Jose a couple of times a year to give advice.  They were sworn to secrecy.....and couldn't discuss anything publicly. 

Curious......how did you find the group?  I couldn't find it under groups........

@dhbookds  I check the main community page without drilling down to a particular section sometimes just to see if there's anything interesting I may have missed with new boards or boards I don't usually spend as much time on.

I was doing that tonight and just happened to see that post pop up.

With the filler text and your observation about trying to post...maybe it wasn't meant to be public yet?

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

I would guess you're both right...........there but probably not supposed to be visible yet.......and we will find out at open....

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Feel free to check out the Voices board and vote! We would love your input. 😊

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

sheila@ebay wrote:

Feel free to check out the Voices board and vote! We would love your input. 😊

Thanks sheila@ebay ! Out of curiosity, what is the criteria for someone to be a "Voices Seller"?

I understand the category managers/teams may have limited time to devote to answering, so it makes sense to have a way for them to identify the most "popular" issues to focus on, but if these boards are going to be restricted to only approved members posting, my concern would be that could lead to "tunnel vision" and limited insight and feedback being provided.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

I would like to second what @valueaddedresource is asking. There is no set criteria to how a Seller/User can engage on the voice board. I would assume for now, sheila@ebay that this is a sort of beta/invite-only?

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

I presume the only input that is wanted is the vote/s...........  Can't help but wonder if the board is going to be limited to specifically the suggestions/questions about collectibles?  so far it doesn't seem to be. 

Also wonder what, if any,  criteria is given to the posters....would it include Item specifics, suggestions as to more/less subcategories? Inclusion of other categories in Collectibles?  I've always wondered why certain things AREN'T included in Collectibles......such as antiques, advertising memorabilia, coins, stamps?  Seems like those are certainly "collectibles" even in the strictest sense..........

But I guess this venue isn't the place to consider things like that ..........just thoughts......

sheila@ebay 

@valueaddedresource 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

I've sent a note to the person who's running this program. I'll be back with answers soon!

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

Since there is no way to state opinions other than give it a  helpful,

It seems to be a pointless system as usual.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

This a new program we are piloting & we are currently running a 90-day test.  If the program is successful in its current form, we plan to both onboard new sellers via larger applications to generate more, unique ideas. If you have an interest in joining, you can send an email to community@ebay.com.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

sheila@ebay  - what ever happened to this program?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Voices-for-Collectibles/idb-p/voices-collectibles 

Per the description:

"On a monthly basis, the Category Manager will respond to the most popular ideas–so be sure to ‘like’ posts that resonate with you!"

I see a whole lot of posts with "helpfuls" (assuming that's the same thing as likes?) from July but don't see that a category manager ever participated?

Also it seems off that on the side nav it shows questions submitted but no Top 5 even though these at least 5 of the posts have at least some helpfuls.

2021-09-29_19-44-51.jpg

It almost seems like helpfuls aren't really seen as  "votes" by the system and maybe there was something more that was supposed to be set up here.

Can you shed some light on this and let us know when that category manager might be expected to make an appearance?

Thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques for reminding me about this one.  I know a lot of sellers were really interested to see how this pilot goes, but it seems to have fallen off the radar.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Seller Voices?

One of the "guys" on the Podcast said he would be there tomorrow to answer questions.......considering the "depth" of collectibles.......coins/toys (comics), action figures, nfts and other men stuff on the podcast, it should be interesting, not.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply