cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerseller board glitch?

Is there a Powerseller Board glitch today?  I use the board regularly and I meet all of the spelled-out qualifications.  I can sign in to Community.    alan@ebay?  tyler@ebay?  I don't even know where to inquire.

I meet all of these - Whom to ask?  Why removed?

psrules.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Powerseller board glitch?

I just checked and working fine for me. I know it's no consolation to you, just letting you know the power seller board is up.

Hope you get it resolved!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I just looked in there with no problem.

Did you check here to double check you didn't get glitch derated as a PS:
https://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDPowerSeller&ssPageName=PageSDPowerSeller

If shows you as PS then I dunno.

As much as I hate to say these words, clear browser cache and cookies and try again.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I find that about 80% of the time I click o the power seller board, It's not there for me to view.

Then an hour or a day later, It's back. IMO it's another ebay glitch.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The Power Seller board is not working for me.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I keep wondering when the PowerSeller board will be disabled ... you know, since the whole PowerSeller designation is a thing of the past.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks everyone.  Temporarily back.  All these glitches!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

What was the issue, @softersilk? The board didn't appear in the menu, or when you went to the board you were served an error message? 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

What was the issue, @softersilk? The board didn't appear in the menu, or when you went to the board you were served an error message? 

Alan,    When it does that for me,   It's not there in the menu.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It sounds like you were not signed in to the Community platform. You may be signed into the eBay marketplace, but when you come to the Community, you need to hit the 'Join the Community' link so that you sign in here. When you do that, restricted access boards that you have access to will appear. 

Hope this helps!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The boards are supposed to sign a user in automatically, and for the most part do so for me.

(and in the past did so in spite of my not wanting to be logged in, all while disregarding my global site settings that indicated I did not want to be signed in automatically - I had to block all Lithium and community.ebay.com cookies to prevent it)

On another note. it shouldn't be signing a user out while active - I see zero reason for that. On my phone I can be reading merrily along* , and in the middle of opening up a half dozen thread pages in new tabs, the board sign me out. Have to reload all those pages to get them to display properly per my community settings (posts per page, etc) and to register as read so I can keep track of where I am.

*except for the literally 1000's of failed page loads and failed server responses that require reloading pages sometimes a dozen times to not get a total timeout, to get anything to appear on a blank page, or to get all posts on a page to appear. This is the ONLY site that does so. Sometimes takes me 15 minutes to get 5 messages read. Using Opera Mini browser (a proxied browser), and the Opera server connection to Lithium ain't slow (up to Gigabit?) - almost looks like throttling by Lithium.

Also, 90% of the time when I post a reply on desktop, I have to reload the page and paste the response back in after getting the red "authentication failure of death" error. It is becoming habit to select all/copy everything I type every few minutes to prevent loosing it (in full reply mode the Lithium auto-save is useless - usually 2-5 minutes behind). Why does the message reply logic time out after a few minutes?
Message 11 of 11
latest reply