cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dropdown Menus - Trigger Too Quickly

Can you please build in a fraction of a second delay before triggering the dropdown?

Simply moving your cursor past them while trying to get to something on the  lower part of the screen will trigger them which causes the dropdown to obscure the entire screen and cause a moment of frustration trying to figure out what happened and how to make it go away so that I can continue with what I was doing.

Also, that continuing to what I was doing often involves moving the cursor around the perimeter of the screen to avoid triggering the menus, like trying to navigate through a minefield.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: New Dropdown Menus - Trigger Too Quickly

The menus you describe...having to click on multiple menu options, sounds like a step backwards. 

Having the massive dropdown triggered with a click vs hover isn't a bad idea... you could even doe both. Either will work fine as long as the hover isn't immediate upon touching it.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Yup, I agree ~ the drop down menu is a bit too sensitive...when I have the community tab open, it screws up my solitaire game by flashing at me!  Smiley Very Happy

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

As a result of your feedback, we've deployed an update to the menu so that it no longer triggers instantly. 

Thank you! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Thanks, Allen, works for me!!!

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

alan@ebay

Excellent!

Thank you.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 20 of 20