cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium dropping the ball on blatant racism

Hello,

Is it against community values to discuss racism on the boards?

What the heck?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lithium dropping the ball on blatant racism

Hi @nocoolnamejane - 

There is not a self-service process that's in place for you to report a user id for manual review.  

For user ids that are created new or recently revised there are filters in place to screen for offensive language. However, given how long ago a username is created it may not have gone through that process. In those situations where you come across something that is potentially offensive it's recommended to contact Customer Support so they can review it. 

In this case, I have taken the appropriate action. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@nocoolnamejane wrote:

Hello,

Is it against community values to discuss racism on the boards?

What the heck?

It is against the rules to "name and shame" on the boards, so if you named the seller, that is why your post was removed and was sent the warning. I am betting I know the exact user name you are referring to, it is highly offensive and I too have wondered how exactly to report it. Hopefully someone who knows will come along and help, it really needs to be addressed. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I didn't name anyone and the exact words of my post.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You need to reread the "guidelines"/"rules of engagement" for these boards.  You are again in violation.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Please.

When an issue needs to be raised about Lithium's moderation practices, how is one supposed to go about it without discussing the issue at hand?

While I agree discussing a post removed because an OP is being aggressive or vulgar serves nothing, this is an entirely different issue.

Racial slurs have no place in eBay and if Lithium's employees want to just sweep it under the rug, eBay NEEDS to be notified.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I do not agree, or disagree with you. Just a suggestion that you need to reread the rules of engagement.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@Anonymous alan@ebay tyler@ebay 

How does one go about reporting a username that contains a term that "is derogatory slang for Mexicans or people of Mexican descent" along threatening words that should in no way, shape or form appear on eBay?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

By doing exactly what you did in your last post- tagging the eBay team as this is eBay territory, not the forum moderator. They can contact you offline to find out which user you're talking about and address it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi @nocoolnamejane - 

There is not a self-service process that's in place for you to report a user id for manual review.  

For user ids that are created new or recently revised there are filters in place to screen for offensive language. However, given how long ago a username is created it may not have gone through that process. In those situations where you come across something that is potentially offensive it's recommended to contact Customer Support so they can review it. 

In this case, I have taken the appropriate action. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply