cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does ebay stop you from sending offers on certain listings

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 9.53.57 AM.png

ebay mandates offers can only be sent to items with "watchers."  i get it. if no one's "watching," if the item cannot be directed to a buyer it can't be sent to no one. however, too often i receive this message when trying to send an offer with items with one or more "watchers." there is no explanation.

is it because an offer was sent previously (at least 2 weeks or more before) & ebay doesn't want you to spam buyers? or is there another reason?

if it's because they don't want you to offer items at a reduced price to the same person(s) repeatedly they should explain that instead of sending a generic message & if that is the case they should also explain how long you must wait before doing so (again it's been at least 2 weeks) &/or if there's a limit to how many x an item can be offered.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: why does ebay stop you from sending offers on certain listings

I could be wrong and someone will correct me if I am.

Some watchers and other interested buyers may have opted out of receiving offers. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

might pay to check the help pages on sending offers........for some of the answers to your questions

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144&st=3&po...

scroll down the page to get to sending offers.......

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I believe the system is already set up to only allow one offer per buyer be sent.  I get that message once in awhile and assumed it was because the potential buyer had opted out of receiving offers.  Not sure, though, because it seems it would happen more often than it does.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Your offers get sent to interested buyers who satisfy a number of conditions, including:

• They haven't received an offer from you for the same listing previously
  • They haven't purchased the same item from you previously
  • They're watching your item
  • They've had the item in their shopping cart for a period of time
  • They've viewed your listing multiple times
  • They're a buyer in good standing on eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply