cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request to remove feedback denied for international buyer

i sent a request to remove feedback the feedback in question the buyer states "Damage on shipping :("  however this was shipped via the global shipping program and i believe this to be one of those eBay protects us from negative feedback of this type that involves an item damaged in transit as once it arrives at the HUB it is no longer in our control and the automatic  assistant isn't helping i used to be able to say customer representative and it would let me talk to a live representative however it's no longer allowing that to happen so i am not quite sure what to do at this point to get this matter resolved 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yes, you should be able to get that removed if it was an eBay International Shipping Program sale (the Global Shipping Program was retired, so I assume that's what you mean).  I know eBay's customer support is moving away from live chat.  I'd suggest reaching out to their eBay for Business team via Facebook or Twitter/X, they respond better and have more power than most other ways of contacting eBay.  I usually do it via http://www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes I thought GSP/EIS negative feedback was automatically removed.   
@legacylaptops  I seem to recall a recent post about another kind of scenario where negative feedback gets auto-removed, and I might be mistaken but I think it had a set delay .... like a couple days, few days, something like that, and then it would disappear.  

Again I could be totally mis-remembering.  But I definitely could see eBay doing a thing like that, to balance between keeping promises to sellers but also appeasing buyers who have complained so much about their negs getting deleted.  So waiting a while to let the buyer think they left a lasting impression would be the goal, ha.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

moving away from live chat is such a bad idea... via email we are going to be fed through some sort of ai system  which wont understand us whats so ever and through social media sounds like a terrible idea as well as there will be "no paper trail" with so many people being scammed and creating fake profiles and such  ... idk why people want to move away from dealing with customers directly from their site... i see so many businesses doing this and dealing with people through social media better than through their own site and it just seems like such a huge setup for people to get scammed especially elder folks that don't know what to lookout for when reaching out to people on social 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

how long has the feedback been up..........?  I think it may take a couple of days to be auto removed.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

not quite sure what to do at this point to get this matter resolved 

@legacylaptops 

Up until recently, the advice given to you by @brightlightbookseller would be your best bet.  I would still use the blue message button on the page linked to in message #2.  Your understanding is also correct with regard to EIS sales.  

In the meantime, eBay has gone to a "new" feedback removal program.  From what others are posting, it appears to be an AI BOT STUCK IN DENIAL MODE.   From a recent post found on the F.Book eBay for business site, it seems that eBay is no longer going to address this issue at all on any level: 

eBay for Business

We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

The underline is mine. I would contact them anyway to see if you get thrown under the bus as well for the EIS issue. 
Do let us know what you find out about this "new (not)improved, streamlined (non)enhancement. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

i know it stands for artificial intelligence but seems more like artificial idiot ... AI is not remotely at the level it needs to be to be used so broadly across as many platforms that has adopted it especially not with out some sort of human oversight 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay announced the end of monthly chats, except for certain times like recent policy changes and updates.  Well, this seems like a good time and subject to have one.  I've seen numerous threads about feedback issues recently and it seems the automatic protections we were assured of are no more.   Some clarification would be nice.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you try and go through facebook let me know how that goes for you. It seems it is taking longer and longer to get replies through facebook. I messaged them about an issue yesterday and its almost 24 hours later and no reply yet and its fairly time sensitive.

As for going completely AI, it would appear now all feedback appeals are automatically denied. I did (by dumb luck) get to talk to an actual rep who passed me through via email to the feedback team. I was told there is no direct number to talk to that team anymore and it is all done through email. In email messaging I was assured each and every feedback removal and all of its details are reviewed by an actual person (I doubt this) but it was what I was told. When I presented the direct policy and why it is supposed to be removed I was ghosted. 

Your feedback by ebay's policy is supposed to be removed but so was mine and there it still sits. Hopefully you have better luck than I have had. It would be nice if there was some sort of consistency from one month to the next with how things are handled. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply