cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

Re: "The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

It was bad enough that before you had to click on the listing then click on the listing again to see all the information from the sold listing.  This new block is a third step to get to the sold item listing.  I believe eBay is attempting to become Amazon but will end up like Buy.com

Message 121 of 207
latest reply

Re: "The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

Post edited.

Newer information available on this post [link]

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 122 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay

Thats still not what I see - i actually waited on the page to the end of an auction today, when it ended I refreshed the screen and it took me to a new active listing - NOT the sold listing. 

Oh - and the past few days have certainly been a 'new experience'  ............... and not a good one.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

alan@ebay

Thats still not what I see - i actually waited on the page to the end of an auction today, when it ended I refreshed the screen and it took me to a new active listing - NOT the sold listing. 

Please share the item number and I'll take a look. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 125 of 207
latest reply

Message 126 of 207
latest reply

I can get you a couple thousand more if you need them...

Message 127 of 207
latest reply

As a buyer, I don't like it, either.  There are reasons where I may have to go back to the original listing.  If I want to find something like it, I can do that myself the same way I found the original listing.

Very unhappy.

Message 128 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote: 

I can confirm that the wrong behavior is persisting in the listing number that was given. I found it in a Sold Search via my buying account, but when clicking on it, I was taken to a mismatched new listing instead (253654937157, which is similar in certain keywords, but that's all). In order to get to my intended destination, I would have to notice and click on the word "listing" in a blue-on-blue subtitle at upper left. That graphic presentation is obviously designed to obscure and minimize the link to the user's actual choice.

Interestingly, the bigger hazard in this coding blunder may be if the redirect turns up a very close match rather than a howlingly bad one, because the user may not realize that he has been steered elsewhere. This could be especially critical when someone is trying to research a dispute resolution and wants to see what the original listing title, photos or description looked like.

This new revision, or "experience," to use the Marketing euphemism, might be better called a misdirect than a redirect, intended to deceive rather than help the user. I have previously posted my opinion of someone who would design such page coding.

Message 129 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone, 

We are aware that this week some sellers who use search to find ‘completed listings’ occasionally were unable to see their view item page for items that have sold through search. Some sellers have also reported being rerouted to a page that shows only active listings, not confirmed sold. We are also aware that some buyers were also unable to see the view item page for items they have purchased.

Yesterday we were able to successfully roll back the new experience, and all redirects will go now revert to the original closed listing.

Thanks! 

alan@ebay

I believe you mean that strictly for sellers.  As a buyer, I still get the re-direct to something similar.  There are many reasons a buyer may want, no, need to go back to the original listing, and if they want to find a similar item, they know how to do that since they found the original listing unaided.  Will you roll this back for buyers as well soon?  Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Message 130 of 207
latest reply

So:

Buyers can't check the description of something they bought.

Sellers can't check the description of something they sold.

Sellers can't check previous sales to price their items.

Buyers can't check previous sales to establish their bid/offer.

Nice work eBay!

Message 131 of 207
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz

alan@ebay

My apologies.  Actually I was trying to view an original listing from something that was in my Watch List but ended.  I then went to my Purchase History and thankfully I can still view those listings, although others have reported they can't, so I can't account for why that might be.  

Still there are reasons why a buyer may want to view a completed listing, and if they want to find a similar item, they know how to do that, too, since they found the initial listing.  

Message 132 of 207
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

alan@ebay wrote: 

I can confirm that the wrong behavior is persisting in the listing number that was given. I found it in a Sold Search via my buying account, but when clicking on it, I was taken to a mismatched new listing instead (253654937157, which is similar in certain keywords, but that's all). In order to get to my intended destination, I would have to notice and click on the word "listing" in a blue-on-blue subtitle at upper left. That graphic presentation is obviously designed to obscure and minimize the link to the user's actual choice.

Interestingly, the bigger hazard in this coding blunder may be if the redirect turns up a very close match rather than a howlingly bad one, because the user may not realize that he has been steered elsewhere. This could be especially critical when someone is trying to research a dispute resolution and wants to see what the original listing title, photos or description looked like.

This new revision, or "experience," to use the Marketing euphemism, might be better called a misdirect than a redirect, intended to deceive rather than help the user. I have previously posted my opinion of someone who would design such page coding.

Luckily, that won't happen very often if ebay is using their own A(un)I.

Thanks all. Will get back to you soon with more details. slight_smile

Message 134 of 207
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@rainbowcolorz

alan@ebay

My apologies.  Actually I was trying to view an original listing from something that was in my Watch List but ended.  I then went to my Purchase History and thankfully I can still view those listings, although others have reported they can't, so I can't account for why that might be.  

Still there are reasons why a buyer may want to view a completed listing, and if they want to find a similar item, they know how to do that, too, since they found the initial listing.  

I do see it doesn't redirect from the purchase history now. Of course, the PH now defaults to unpaid, so I didn't have anything showing up. Then I notice the stupid buttons on top, clicked orders, and nothing showed up for the default 60 days. I had to switch to 2018 to see somthing delivered 4 days ago.

I guess they did the best any computer science 101 student could do ...............