cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative feedback

I really don't understand this!  I have been selling for 5 years and until last month had 100% positive feedback of nearly 2000 transactions.

Now, in past month had 2 negative feedbacks WITHOUT the buyer contacting me first!! I would have refunded them in full!  Why doesn't eBay require they try to work it out before leaving negative feedback!!!  Really upset here!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: negative feedback

You think it might be a second? Aren't they usually marked in some way?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

i'd say buyer's remorse, thinking the buyer thought they were getting it for cheap... the same plate is available at a well-known site for replacement dishes and flatware for barely over the original asking price...

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Please check the appropriate boxes before leaving negative feedback:

1)  As a buyer you have already attempted to resolve this problem with seller

2)  Seller has refused to resolve the problem

3)  You have read eBay's policy on feedback and understand what it means

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ebay tried that a few years ago, there were 3 boxes to check before leaving a neg, but it didn't really work.

Buyers were just simply checking the 3 boxes without doing any of the suggestions first.  Also, some buyers complained to ebay about having to check the 3 boxes.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I know the buyers didn't contact you, but you could have contacted the buyers before you replied to the negs to see if you could resolve the issues, and then perhaps the buyers would agree to feedback revision.

You can still contact buyers after you have left a reply to a neg, but the content of your reply could lower your chances of feedback revision if the buyer isn't happy with your reply.

Never jump straight in if you get a neg, think about it first.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply