cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative feedback

I really don't understand this!  I have been selling for 5 years and until last month had 100% positive feedback of nearly 2000 transactions.

Now, in past month had 2 negative feedbacks WITHOUT the buyer contacting me first!! I would have refunded them in full!  Why doesn't eBay require they try to work it out before leaving negative feedback!!!  Really upset here!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: negative feedback

You cannot please everyone.  Potential buyers realize that.

You followed up with a professional response that for me would not deter a buyer from purchasing from you.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

"I really don't understand this!  I have been selling for 5 years and until last month had 100% positive feedback of nearly 2000 transactions.

Now, in past month had 2 negative feedbacks WITHOUT the buyer contacting me first!! I would have refunded them in full! "

-----------

Yes, and your Replies to your 2 Negs also verify that:

"No message from buyer, would have refunded in full!!!!!! Need to communicate"

You think the problem is the 2 Negs eBay allowed.. without prior notification to you.

I fear the problem is... you've just told everyone who buys from you.

They Can Get The Item For FREE by Complaining To You (before fb)

Think about it.

And I'm sorry this all happened to you.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Isn't it a shame that this OP cannot show his good buyers that he stands behind his products without attracting the scammers?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I drove for 25 years without getting a ticket, then I got one. It happens. Sorry that you got hit, but you move on and keep on keepin' on. Your replies weren't good tho. 😞
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@jennzet-0 wrote:

Isn't it a shame that this OP cannot show his good buyers that he stands behind his products without attracting the scammers?

I disagree. It's very possible to show buyers you stand behind your product with more professional wording and less emotion than the OP used.

@nurse4ever14- sorry this happened, but it's not that uncommon. The more you sell the more chance there is that you'll encounter this. Next time come here and ask for advice coming up with a professional reply to a negative FB.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

"I really don't understand this!  I have been selling for 5 years and until last month had 100% positive feedback of nearly 2000 transactions.

Now, in past month had 2 negative feedbacks WITHOUT the buyer contacting me first!! I would have refunded them in full! "

-----------

Yes, and your Replies to your 2 Negs also verify that:

"No message from buyer, would have refunded in full!!!!!! Need to communicate"

You think the problem is the 2 Negs eBay allowed.. without prior notification to you.

I fear the problem is... you've just told everyone who buys from you.

They Can Get The Item For FREE by Complaining To You (before fb)

Think about it.

And I'm sorry this all happened to you.

Lynn

Possibly  just  a reply such as  ''  Refunds upon return''  would be less attractive to scammers .  Tulips 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@jennzet-0 wrote:

Yes.  I think it is.  That said, I also agree with the OP.

I think eBay should require buyers try to work it out before leaving negative feedback for a seasoned seller.   Especially a new buyer with very little feedback.

I think there should be a tab that pops up when the negative tab is pressed that says something like:  eBay occasionally monitors messages between buyers and sellers.  We noticed there has not been any communication between you and our Seller to resolve a problem.  Before you click negative on the feedback please contact your Seller to try to resolve the problem.

Or something else, possibly:  eBay occasionally monitors messages between buyers and sellers.  Please check the appropriate boxes before leaving negative feedback:

1)  As a buyer you have already attempted to resolve this problem with seller

2)  Seller has refused to resolve the problem

3)  You have read eBay's policy on feedback and understand what it means

Or some other, better suggestions. 

I know, I know, some think feedback is not important, that it doesn't count against you, that a professional reply from the seller is more important ..... and some don't.   

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You are so right!  I thought of that the second I posted it.  Thank you so much for replying

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Do you know that you can fix the problem then ask the buyer to revise the feedback? 

I think follow ups are better for future buyers when they have a positive message. Yours to me as a buyer read that any solution is gone now because feedback has been left and you will not fix the problem.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

To me it reads complain a bit have the item for free, never ever offer a full refund or any discount without returning the item, many sellers are now constantly open to this extortion for fear of Negative, you cannot buy feedback, i would write "Welcome to return for full refund upon return of the item, Thank You". Make it known through feedback you do not cave in to free items or any form of discounts then watch these buyers stay away, you will always get someone whatever you do or say who will not be happy no matter what, but stating full refund will attract problem buyers.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

unless you can get them to revise there's nothing you can do...

add them to your BBL and move on...

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote

I think there should be a tab that pops up when the negative tab is pressed that says something like:  eBay occasionally monitors messages between buyers and sellers.  We noticed there has not been any communication between you and our Seller to resolve a problem.  Before you click negative on the feedback please contact your Seller to try to resolve the problem.

Or something else, possibly:  eBay occasionally monitors messages between buyers and sellers.  Please check the appropriate boxes before leaving negative feedback:

1)  As a buyer you have already attempted to resolve this problem with seller

2)  Seller has refused to resolve the problem

3)  You have read eBay's policy on feedback and understand what it means.   

@rainbowcolorz 

You forgot choice number 4)

I did not get what I expected and I do not want to drive to the PO to return it. I will return it when given a return label but it was an unpleasant experience therefore I will leave a negative for the hassle.

Contacting the buyer may not still make it right. By doing so the seller can hold anything you say against you and have the negative removed.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@jennzet-0 wrote:

I think the poster was suggesting that there are ways to communicate that you stands behind your products  without announcing that refunds are available for the taking.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

On your latest neg, is it possible the buyer's statement is correct?

Your 1 picture of the plate is upside-down and not very clear. 

While it obviously won't stop anyone dead set on leaving negs, it does help to have good, clear, easy to view pictures of the item.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply